Virginia Democratic Party Chairwoman Susan Swecker is in studio. And Aisha Braveboy, candidate for Prince George's State's Attorney, joins us.
A historic blizzard paralyzed the Metro region over the weekend, cutting power to tens of thousands of homes and halting almost all transportation. Schools, businesses and even the Federal government remained closed Monday. We’ll get updates on conditions in Maryland, Virginia and the District, and find out about preparations for another winter blast predicted for Tuesday.
- Gabe Klein Director, the District Department of Transportation (DDOT)
- Sommer Mathis Editor-in-Chief, DCist
- Thomas Graham President, Pepco
- Joe Woomer Director of Distribution Reliability, Dominion Virginia Power
- Isiah Leggett Montgomery County Executive (D)
- Jack Johnson County Executive, Prince George's County, Maryland
Most Recent Shows
The number of people living in D.C. is booming, and so too is the number of rats. Kojo talks about how D.C.'s rodent problem is affecting the city and what's being done to fight off the pests.
The federal court judge who ruled that Maryland's public universities were unlawfully segregated rejected solutions proposed by the state's Higher Education Commission and a group representing a coalition of Maryland Historically Black Colleges and Universities for redressing that segregation. We get an update on the case.
A new book, "Chocolate City: A History of Race and Democracy in the Nation's Capital," presents a sweeping view of how race impacted Washington, D.C. for the past four centuries.