D.C. Councilmember Elissa Silverman talks about yet another contentious D.C. Council meeting and the latest coronavirus news. And Arlington County Board Chair Libby Garvey talks about how the county is handling the pandemic and rethinking policing.
A historic blizzard paralyzed the Metro region over the weekend, cutting power to tens of thousands of homes and halting almost all transportation. Schools, businesses and even the Federal government remained closed Monday. We’ll get updates on conditions in Maryland, Virginia and the District, and find out about preparations for another winter blast predicted for Tuesday.
- Gabe Klein Director, the District Department of Transportation (DDOT)
- Sommer Mathis Editor-in-Chief, DCist
- Thomas Graham President, Pepco
- Joe Woomer Director of Distribution Reliability, Dominion Virginia Power
- Isiah Leggett Montgomery County Executive (D)
- Jack Johnson County Executive, Prince George's County, Maryland
Most Recent Shows
Aminatou Sow And Ann Friedman On “Big Friendship” And Keeping Each Other Close During A Global Pandemic
Famous friends Aminatou Sow and Ann Friedman join Kojo to discuss their book, "Big Friendship: How We Keep Each Other Close."
The library system is celebrating a renovation of its main branch, and coping with coronavirus challenges they didn't cover in library school.
Many low-wage workers were the first to lose their jobs when the region shut down, and many have still not gone back to work. So, how are they getting by?