Ridehailing companies say they are helping cities combat congestion, but as transit ridership declines and traffic gets worse, we take a closer look at their role in Washington's gridlock.
A historic blizzard paralyzed the Metro region over the weekend, cutting power to tens of thousands of homes and halting almost all transportation. Schools, businesses and even the Federal government remained closed Monday. We’ll get updates on conditions in Maryland, Virginia and the District, and find out about preparations for another winter blast predicted for Tuesday.
- Gabe Klein Director, the District Department of Transportation (DDOT)
- Sommer Mathis Editor-in-Chief, DCist
- Thomas Graham President, Pepco
- Joe Woomer Director of Distribution Reliability, Dominion Virginia Power
- Isiah Leggett Montgomery County Executive (D)
- Jack Johnson County Executive, Prince George's County, Maryland
Most Recent Shows
Kojo speaks with "Speak No Evil" novelist and D.C. native Uzodinma Iweala about his second novel and how his local upbringing affects his storytelling.
Mayor Bowser made a commitment to ending traffic fatalities in the District by 2024, but three years later, deaths have only steadily increased.
Maryland Senator Ben Cardin joins us to talk about the youth movement against gun violence, Russian sanctions, and more. D.C. Councilmember Mary Cheh shares her thoughts on relief for high water bills and news that D.C. Public Schools is taking over an all girls charter school.