The doctors are here to advise. Public health experts Dr. Travis Gayles and Dr. Leana Wen join us to share their expertise and answer your essential questions.
Guest Host: Dan Reed
With rapid population growth in the county, Arlington Public Schools is in the midst of redistricting school boundaries to create more capacity throughout the school system. But the public debate leading up to the most recent decision on new elementary school boundaries, which will go into effect in fall 2019, was fraught with emotions and many revisions — leaving some parents questioning whether the new boundaries really serve the needs of the community.
Tune in to this show and join us February 26th for a live Kojo Roadshow on school diversity in Montgomery County.
Produced by Monna Kashfi
- Patrick Murphy Superintendent, Arlington Public Schools; @SuptPKM
- Portia Clark President, Nauck Civic Association
- Tom Murray Director of Innovation, Future Ready Schools; @thomascmurray
- Kathleen Coulombe Vice-President of Communications, Drew Model School PTA; @401Kathleen
- Megan Haydasz Former Vice-President, Patrick Henry PTA; Chair, Fleet Elementary School Design Committee; @MeganHaydasz
Most Recent Shows
The Republican governor of Maryland writes about bipartisanship during political divisiveness, the 2015 Baltimore protests and beating cancer. We'll hear what Maryland journalists think of the book.
It takes a Senate super majority to make D.C. a state. These statehood advocates say that must change.
Will this year's census result in a historic undercount?