The National Gallery of Art has one of the largest art collections in America. But how diverse are the artists?
Guest Host: Dan Reed
With rapid population growth in the county, Arlington Public Schools is in the midst of redistricting school boundaries to create more capacity throughout the school system. But the public debate leading up to the most recent decision on new elementary school boundaries, which will go into effect in fall 2019, was fraught with emotions and many revisions — leaving some parents questioning whether the new boundaries really serve the needs of the community.
Tune in to this show and join us February 26th for a live Kojo Roadshow on school diversity in Montgomery County.
Produced by Monna Kashfi
- Patrick Murphy Superintendent, Arlington Public Schools; @SuptPKM
- Portia Clark President, Nauck Civic Association
- Tom Murray Director of Innovation, Future Ready Schools; @thomascmurray
- Kathleen Coulombe Vice-President of Communications, Drew Model School PTA; @401Kathleen
- Megan Haydasz Former Vice-President, Patrick Henry PTA; Chair, Fleet Elementary School Design Committee; @MeganHaydasz
Most Recent Shows
Restoring late-night Metrorail service would help workers in the hospitality industry, proponents say, but opponents say it could lead to daytime delays and a financial loss for WMATA.
The Montgomery County Students for Change started organizing last year around gun control. Now, they're tackling civic engagement and school segregation, too.
New York organizers are celebrating Amazon's decision to not move part of its second headquarters to Queens. What are Washington-area activists doing to oppose Amazon's move to to Northern Virginia, and what do they hope to see from local officials?