The fall out from coronavirus affects every aspect of life—even life's most important moments.
Guest Host: Dan Reed
With rapid population growth in the county, Arlington Public Schools is in the midst of redistricting school boundaries to create more capacity throughout the school system. But the public debate leading up to the most recent decision on new elementary school boundaries, which will go into effect in fall 2019, was fraught with emotions and many revisions — leaving some parents questioning whether the new boundaries really serve the needs of the community.
Tune in to this show and join us February 26th for a live Kojo Roadshow on school diversity in Montgomery County.
Produced by Monna Kashfi
- Patrick Murphy Superintendent, Arlington Public Schools; @SuptPKM
- Portia Clark President, Nauck Civic Association
- Tom Murray Director of Innovation, Future Ready Schools; @thomascmurray
- Kathleen Coulombe Vice-President of Communications, Drew Model School PTA; @401Kathleen
- Megan Haydasz Former Vice-President, Patrick Henry PTA; Chair, Fleet Elementary School Design Committee; @MeganHaydasz
Most Recent Shows
What does D.C.'s "stay-at-home" order mean for residents experiencing homelessness?
From delivering meals and essentials to sewing masks and offering childcare, here's how Washingtonians are helping their neighbors in the time of coronavirus.
Howard University Professor Joshua Myers collaborated with leaders of the student organization Black Nia F.O.R.C.E. to compile the first history of the 1989 protests.