Arlington County Board Member Katie Cristol joins us to talk education, transportation, Amazon and flood relief, plus we check in on healthcare, violence, and development with D.C. Council Member Vince Gray.
Guest Host: Dan Reed
With rapid population growth in the county, Arlington Public Schools is in the midst of redistricting school boundaries to create more capacity throughout the school system. But the public debate leading up to the most recent decision on new elementary school boundaries, which will go into effect in fall 2019, was fraught with emotions and many revisions — leaving some parents questioning whether the new boundaries really serve the needs of the community.
Tune in to this show and join us February 26th for a live Kojo Roadshow on school diversity in Montgomery County.
Produced by Monna Kashfi
- Patrick Murphy Superintendent, Arlington Public Schools; @SuptPKM
- Portia Clark President, Nauck Civic Association
- Tom Murray Director of Innovation, Future Ready Schools; @thomascmurray
- Kathleen Coulombe Vice-President of Communications, Drew Model School PTA; @401Kathleen
- Megan Haydasz Former Vice-President, Patrick Henry PTA; Chair, Fleet Elementary School Design Committee; @MeganHaydasz
Most Recent Shows
Have you heard the story about Georgetown's lack of a metro station? Many around the city believe that residents in the historic neighborhood blocked a metro in order to keep out people from the rest of the District. We get to the bottom of the myth.
Do you know what the algae looks like, or how to avoid it?
Local restaurant pros dish on the good and bad behaviors of customers, from saving seats and splitting checks to unwanted advances and 50-cent tips.