An new anthology tells the human story of Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.
Guest Host: Dan Reed
With rapid population growth in the county, Arlington Public Schools is in the midst of redistricting school boundaries to create more capacity throughout the school system. But the public debate leading up to the most recent decision on new elementary school boundaries, which will go into effect in fall 2019, was fraught with emotions and many revisions — leaving some parents questioning whether the new boundaries really serve the needs of the community.
Tune in to this show and join us February 26th for a live Kojo Roadshow on school diversity in Montgomery County.
Produced by Monna Kashfi
- Patrick Murphy Superintendent, Arlington Public Schools; @SuptPKM
- Portia Clark President, Nauck Civic Association
- Tom Murray Director of Innovation, Future Ready Schools; @thomascmurray
- Kathleen Coulombe Vice-President of Communications, Drew Model School PTA; @401Kathleen
- Megan Haydasz Former Vice-President, Patrick Henry PTA; Chair, Fleet Elementary School Design Committee; @MeganHaydasz
Most Recent Shows
Many women who served their country experience harassment at the very place they should feel most supported: VA Hospitals.
We take a deep-dive into the significance of changing the Columbus Day name -- and what it's meant for Native people in particular.
Virginia Senator Jeremy McPike (D-District 29) joins us to discuss how Virginia Democrats will fare on election night this November, and the issues that will get voters to the ballot…