Time, money, gift items -- local organizations weigh in on what they really need, now and through the rest of the year.
Federal officials took regional leaders by surprise this week when they announced a halt to the search for a new site for the FBI headquarters, currently located in an aging building on Pennsylvania Avenue. The two finalists in the current process –Prince George’s and Fairfax counties– each hoped to win the 11,000 FBI jobs and hundreds of millions in development dollars. We get the regional reaction, including why the District could ultimately benefit if the search for a new FBI home starts from scratch.
- Patrick Madden Reporter, WAMU 88.5 News; @Patrick_Madden
- Dan Tangherlini President, SeamlessDocs Federal; former Administrator, General Services Administration (GSA); @DanTangherlini
- David Iannucci Assistant Deputy Chief Administrative Officer for Economic Development, Office of the County Executive, Prince George's County, Maryland; @dsigoterps
- Jack Evans Member, D.C. Council (D-Ward 2); Chairman of the Committee on Finance and Revenue; Chair, Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority Board of Directors; @JackEvansWard2
- Jeffrey McKay Fairfax County Board of Supervisors-Lee District; @JeffreyCMcKay
Most Recent Shows
A group of current and former Prince George’s County police officers filed a lawsuit against the police department, alleging racial discrimination and retaliation.
A look into the battle between Maryland and D.C. to host Washington's football team. And we speak to the newly elected Montgomery County Council President, Nancy Navarro.
Seasons greetings, bookworms! It's our annual winter reading show and we're talking the very best books of the year. Take note (and share your suggestions!)