How do we talk about gun violence when it's not in the form of a mass shooting? We held a student town hall to discuss how local kids deal with the threat of violence locally, and how adults can respond.
Federal officials took regional leaders by surprise this week when they announced a halt to the search for a new site for the FBI headquarters, currently located in an aging building on Pennsylvania Avenue. The two finalists in the current process –Prince George’s and Fairfax counties– each hoped to win the 11,000 FBI jobs and hundreds of millions in development dollars. We get the regional reaction, including why the District could ultimately benefit if the search for a new FBI home starts from scratch.
- Patrick Madden Reporter, WAMU 88.5 News; @Patrick_Madden
- Dan Tangherlini President, SeamlessDocs Federal; former Administrator, General Services Administration (GSA); @DanTangherlini
- David Iannucci Assistant Deputy Chief Administrative Officer for Economic Development, Office of the County Executive, Prince George's County, Maryland; @dsigoterps
- Jack Evans Member, D.C. Council (D-Ward 2); Chairman of the Committee on Finance and Revenue; Chair, Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority Board of Directors; @JackEvansWard2
- Jeffrey McKay Fairfax County Board of Supervisors-Lee District; @JeffreyCMcKay
Most Recent Shows
This year, the bug to watch out for is the spotted lanternfly, a stunning polka-dotted menace that feasts on the interior plant sap of grape vines, fruit trees and more.
In the wake of a deadly bridge collapse in south Florida, we're turning an eye to the safety of our own transportation, water, electricity, and other systems.
Ridehailing companies say they are helping cities combat congestion, but as transit ridership declines and traffic gets worse, we take a closer look at their role in Washington's gridlock.