DIY arts spaces are community gathering places where people make and enjoy art and music in a non-traditional setting, oftentimes a home or a warehouse space. Despite the high rents in our region, the scene is thriving.
The D.C. Council wraps up its session with a slew of legislation. A lawsuit alleges Maryland Congressional districts are unconstitutional. And our region’s Republican leaders and delegates ramp up for next week’s GOP convention in Cleveland. Join us for our weekly review of the politics, policies, and personalities of the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
- Tom Sherwood Resident Analyst; NBC 4 reporter; and Columnist for the Current Newspapers
- Robert Sinners D.C. GOP Delegate
- John Whitbeck Chairman, Virginia Republican Party
- Carroll "Beau" Correll Attorney; Chair, Winchester Republican Party; Virginia Republican Delegate
- Joseph Cluster Executive Director, Maryland Republican Party
Most Recent Shows
George Hawkins is stepping down as head of DC Water, but he leaves at a moment when the agency is facing criticism over how they bill consumers for stormwater runoff.
At-Large D.C. Councilmember David Grosso (I) joins us to talk about the investigation of Ballou High School graduation rates, and the new proof of residency requirements for homeless families.
A new exhibit at The National Museum of Women in The Arts features the often unsung contributions of black women to modern, abstract art.