Dirk Haire, the Chair of Maryland's GOP, joins us to talk about the upcoming election. And we meet Jamie Sycamore, who is running as an Independent for the D.C. Council.
Guest Host: Jen Golbeck
One in five students show signs of mental problems, yet their symptoms are often ignored or misunderstood. Left unacknowledged, these symptoms can develop into debilitating disorders that plague our education system. WAMU 88.5 education reporter Kavitha Cardoza recently partnered with NPR to report on the Washington region’s experience with mental health issues in school. We discuss her findings with her and several mental health experts.
- Kavitha Cardoza Special Correspondent, WAMU 88.5 News
- Steve Drummond Senior Education Editor at NPR News
- Mia Quander Road School parent
- Chris Parent, Quander Road School
- Sharon Hoover-Stephan Associate Professor of Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine
Most Recent Shows
Street musicians can make D.C. a more fun place to live and visit. But what if you live or work near a spot where musicians tend to play -- often at late hours and high volume?
The parking tickets on street sweeping days can be steep. But do the environmental benefits outweigh the costs?
From nature walks to "forest bathing," Washingtonians are finding ways to reconnect with green spaces in our region.