As scientists begin to reexamine the pages of historic texts, they’re learning remarkable things about the people who once handled these ancient documents -- including at D.C.'s Folger Library.
The Computer Guys and Gal: Valentine’s Day edition. The FCC chief embraces tough new net neutrality rules. Microsoft hopes users will swoon over Windows 10. And Twitter’s CEO shows no love for bullies and trolls. Plus tech gifts for your Valentine.
- Bill Harlow Hardware and Software Technician for MACs & PCs, Mid-Atlantic Consulting, Inc.; and WAMU Guest Computer Guy
- Allison Druin WAMU Computer Gal; Chief Futurist at the University of Maryland Division of Research; Co-Director of the Future of Information Alliance, University of Maryland
- John Gilroy WAMU Computer Guy; Director for Business Development for BLT Global Ventures
Valentine's Day Gift Guide
Apps Of The Month
Tech In The News
FCC on Net Neutrality and Broadband Definition
Microsoft and Windows 10
Online Security, Privacy, Civility, Diversity
- Twitter’s CEO promises action against trolls and abusers on their service
- You don’t need much data to identify a shopper
- Popular AdBlock Plus plugin’s pay-to-play advertiser whitelist
- Diversity in the tech workforce: Google donated $775,000 to Code2040
- Intel President Renée James is heading up Intel’s $300 million diversity initiative
- Eric Schmidt says the Internet will disappear. Why is search becoming more embedded in OS and apps?
- Why is Google moving to sell phone service directly to customers?
- Apple reports mammoth sales of iPhone 6/6Plus to people who’ve never had a cell phone before. But not a lot of current iPhone users are upgrading.
Most Recent Shows
Arlington's Washington-Lee High School may be renamed as soon as next month so it no longer honors the commander of the Confederate army.
Negotiations to open a new hospital on the St. Elizabeths campus in Ward 8 ended last week when George Washington University withdrew from the discussion table. What now?
Fresh from being sworn in as Prince George's County Executive, Angela Alsobrooks joins us in studio. Plus we get an update on the petition drive to repeal the repeal of Initiative 77.