Kojo speaks with Arlington Board Chair Katie Cristol about the Amazon HQ2 effect and D.C. Attorney General Karl Racine about his probe into the local Catholic Church and his office's legal challenges against the Trump administration.
Guest Host: Michael Martinez
We’re nearing the end of what’s been topsy-turvy year in local politics – from public corruption scandals in D.C. and Virginia to a shock victory by Republicans in Maryland’s gubernatorial race. But with an ongoing investigation into the 2010 D.C. mayoral campaign and high-stakes legislative sessions looming in Maryland and Virginia, 2015 promises to be equally interesting and unpredictable. Join us for our weekly review of the politics, policies, and personalities of the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
- Michael Martinez Producer, The Politics Hour; The Kojo Nnamdi Show
- Tom Sherwood Resident Analyst; NBC 4 reporter; and Columnist for the Current Newspapers
- Mike DeBonis Reporter, The Washington Post
- Karl Racine Attorney General Elect, District of Columbia
- Chris Van Hollen U.S. House of Representatives (D-Maryland, 8th District)
- David Albo Member, Virginia House of Delegates (R-Springfield)
Most Recent Shows
Call in and share what’s on your mind ––from Amazon's plans to rebrand northern Virginia (National Landing, anyone?) to D.C.'s unanimously-passed restrictions on home sharing sites like AirBnB.
As many as 400,000 people across the commonwealth could qualify for health benefits under the expansion.
Montgomery County, Md. and Washington D.C. didn't make the cut for Amazon's HQ2, but they could still benefit -- and without having to pay out hefty incentives.