We look at the role of school counselors in helping troubled kids and discuss the psychological toll of experiencing, hearing about, and preparing for mass shootings.
Guest Host: Michael Martinez
We’re nearing the end of what’s been topsy-turvy year in local politics – from public corruption scandals in D.C. and Virginia to a shock victory by Republicans in Maryland’s gubernatorial race. But with an ongoing investigation into the 2010 D.C. mayoral campaign and high-stakes legislative sessions looming in Maryland and Virginia, 2015 promises to be equally interesting and unpredictable. Join us for our weekly review of the politics, policies, and personalities of the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
- Michael Martinez Producer, The Politics Hour; The Kojo Nnamdi Show
- Tom Sherwood Resident Analyst; NBC 4 reporter; and Columnist for the Current Newspapers
- Mike DeBonis Reporter, The Washington Post
- Karl Racine Attorney General Elect, District of Columbia
- Chris Van Hollen U.S. House of Representatives (D-Maryland, 8th District)
- David Albo Member, Virginia House of Delegates (R-Springfield)
Most Recent Shows
A journalist, jazz vocalist, and former club owner discuss the surprising new spots that are working to ensure that jazz remains a vibrant part of D.C.'s music scene.
This February, Maryland Governor Larry Hogan signed a bill allowing women who become pregnant through rape to sue and terminate the parental rights of their rapist.
With controversies swirling around the DC Public Schools system, including Chancellor Antwan Wilson's daughter being able to bypass the lottery system to transfer schools, what is next for education in the District?