We check in with the Chairman of the D.C. Council, hear about a poll that explored Marylanders' takes on national and state politics and meet Howard County's Executive.
Guest Host: Michael Martinez
We’re nearing the end of what’s been topsy-turvy year in local politics – from public corruption scandals in D.C. and Virginia to a shock victory by Republicans in Maryland’s gubernatorial race. But with an ongoing investigation into the 2010 D.C. mayoral campaign and high-stakes legislative sessions looming in Maryland and Virginia, 2015 promises to be equally interesting and unpredictable. Join us for our weekly review of the politics, policies, and personalities of the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
- Michael Martinez Producer, The Politics Hour; The Kojo Nnamdi Show
- Tom Sherwood Resident Analyst; NBC 4 reporter; and Columnist for the Current Newspapers
- Mike DeBonis Reporter, The Washington Post
- Karl Racine Attorney General Elect, District of Columbia
- Chris Van Hollen U.S. House of Representatives (D-Maryland, 8th District)
- David Albo Member, Virginia House of Delegates (R-Springfield)
Most Recent Shows
Call in and share what’s on your mind ––from yesterday's slushy snow day to the Covington Catholic teen's lawsuit against the Washington Post.
D.C.'s 311 system will soon consolidate requests for information and repairs. And its 911 system is now geolocating emergency calls from cell phones.
Recent investigations have called into question how local law enforcement handles sexual assault cases. We explore what's working, and what isn't, in police responses to sexual assault.