DIY arts spaces are community gathering places where people make and enjoy art and music in a non-traditional setting, oftentimes a home or a warehouse space. Despite the high rents in our region, the scene is thriving.
Guest Host: Michael Martinez
We’re nearing the end of what’s been topsy-turvy year in local politics – from public corruption scandals in D.C. and Virginia to a shock victory by Republicans in Maryland’s gubernatorial race. But with an ongoing investigation into the 2010 D.C. mayoral campaign and high-stakes legislative sessions looming in Maryland and Virginia, 2015 promises to be equally interesting and unpredictable. Join us for our weekly review of the politics, policies, and personalities of the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
- Michael Martinez Producer, The Politics Hour; The Kojo Nnamdi Show
- Tom Sherwood Resident Analyst; NBC 4 reporter; and Columnist for the Current Newspapers
- Mike DeBonis Reporter, The Washington Post
- Karl Racine Attorney General Elect, District of Columbia
- Chris Van Hollen U.S. House of Representatives (D-Maryland, 8th District)
- David Albo Member, Virginia House of Delegates (R-Springfield)
Most Recent Shows
George Hawkins is stepping down as head of DC Water, but he leaves at a moment when the agency is facing criticism over how they bill consumers for stormwater runoff.
At-Large D.C. Councilmember David Grosso (I) joins us to talk about the investigation of Ballou High School graduation rates, and the new proof of residency requirements for homeless families.
A new exhibit at The National Museum of Women in The Arts features the often unsung contributions of black women to modern, abstract art.