How should the D.C. provide oversight for its public schools? What do new polling numbers and endorsements suggest about the Maryland Gubernatorial race? And how are Virginia's Democrats planning to flip key districts in November?
Guest Host: Michael Martinez
We’re nearing the end of what’s been topsy-turvy year in local politics – from public corruption scandals in D.C. and Virginia to a shock victory by Republicans in Maryland’s gubernatorial race. But with an ongoing investigation into the 2010 D.C. mayoral campaign and high-stakes legislative sessions looming in Maryland and Virginia, 2015 promises to be equally interesting and unpredictable. Join us for our weekly review of the politics, policies, and personalities of the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
- Michael Martinez Producer, The Politics Hour; The Kojo Nnamdi Show
- Tom Sherwood Resident Analyst; NBC 4 reporter; and Columnist for the Current Newspapers
- Mike DeBonis Reporter, The Washington Post
- Karl Racine Attorney General Elect, District of Columbia
- Chris Van Hollen U.S. House of Representatives (D-Maryland, 8th District)
- David Albo Member, Virginia House of Delegates (R-Springfield)
Most Recent Shows
It's back-to-school time and parents are scrambling to buy everything on their kids' supply lists. But what can they do to prepare children emotionally for a new school year?
While John Brown's name and legacy are linked to Harpers Ferry, far less is known about the men who fought with him.
A 19 year-old's death calls into question grueling training practices at the University of Maryland.