Virginia’s Attorney General on Second Amendment sanctuaries; D.C. Council Chairman Phil Mendelson on Councilmember Jack Evans; Virginia Sen.-elect John Bell on his priorities.
They’re the spaces we go to get away from sidewalks and parking lots. But local trails and parkland need periodic upkeep and cleaning. Every season, thousands of local hikers and bikers chip in with their time and labor. We discuss outdoor volunteerism and get tips for fun excursions in our region.
- Candy Thomson Reporter, The Baltimore Sun
- Ian Edlind Founder and Editor, Trail Voice
- Robb Hampton Program Director, National Public Lands Day
- James Connolly Executive Director, Anacostia Watershed Society
- Bill Line Spokesperson, National Park Service, National Capital Region
- Jenn Kays Park Ranger, Prince William Forest Park
September 26, 2009: Local volunteer opportunities for National Public Lands Day
View “Wilderness” in Washington”: Volunteer Opportunities in a larger map
Most Recent Shows
A law which reduced federal excise taxes for a range of alcohol producers is set to expire at the end of the year. It could mean a 400% tax hike.
All you need to know about holiday evergreens in the DMV — from the one at the Capitol to the one in your living room.
No one's ever accused Washington of being a fashion capital. But some are out to prove that we actually can have style when we try.