Elections are coming... but is gun control?
They’re the spaces we go to get away from sidewalks and parking lots. But local trails and parkland need periodic upkeep and cleaning. Every season, thousands of local hikers and bikers chip in with their time and labor. We discuss outdoor volunteerism and get tips for fun excursions in our region.
- Candy Thomson Reporter, The Baltimore Sun
- Ian Edlind Founder and Editor, Trail Voice
- Robb Hampton Program Director, National Public Lands Day
- James Connolly Executive Director, Anacostia Watershed Society
- Bill Line Spokesperson, National Park Service, National Capital Region
- Jenn Kays Park Ranger, Prince William Forest Park
September 26, 2009: Local volunteer opportunities for National Public Lands Day
View “Wilderness” in Washington”: Volunteer Opportunities in a larger map
Most Recent Shows
The cap, mandated by the Trump administration, affects not only refugees, but their families and the organizations that support them.
An new anthology tells the human story of Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.
Many women who served their country experience harassment at the very place they should feel most supported: VA Hospitals.