Maryland Senator Ben Cardin joins us to talk about the youth movement against gun violence, Russian sanctions, and more. D.C. Councilmember Mary Cheh shares her thoughts on relief for high water bills and news that D.C. Public Schools is taking over an all girls charter school.
They’re the spaces we go to get away from sidewalks and parking lots. But local trails and parkland need periodic upkeep and cleaning. Every season, thousands of local hikers and bikers chip in with their time and labor. We discuss outdoor volunteerism and get tips for fun excursions in our region.
- Candy Thomson Reporter, The Baltimore Sun
- Ian Edlind Founder and Editor, Trail Voice
- Robb Hampton Program Director, National Public Lands Day
- James Connolly Executive Director, Anacostia Watershed Society
- Bill Line Spokesperson, National Park Service, National Capital Region
- Jenn Kays Park Ranger, Prince William Forest Park
September 26, 2009: Local volunteer opportunities for National Public Lands Day
View “Wilderness” in Washington”: Volunteer Opportunities in a larger map
Most Recent Shows
Facing Calls For Dismissal, Prince George’s Schools CEO Kevin Maxwell Attends To Crisis Of Confidence
An investigation into Prince George's County Public Schools last fall found inflated graduation rates, too many excused absences and overly lax grading. How will the county fix its school's problems?
We check in with D.C.'s police chief to discuss his first year of policing the nation's capital.
80 degree days, windstorms, floods, droughts and bomb cyclones. We're all coping with a changing climate, but what happens when your livelihood depends on the weather?