If there was ever anyone who could talk to the animals, it's this guy.
Conventional wisdom says that opera only appeals to a graying, aging audience. But a group of young Catholic University graduates has set out to dispel that idea. They’ve formed an ambitious new opera company geared to a younger, more diverse fan base. We’ll talk with them about their approach to a tradition-bound art form, and get a live in-studio performance.
- Sarah Philippa Co-founder, Opera Alterna; "Claire," Magnum Opus
- Jay Brock Co-founder, Opera Alterna; Director, Magnum Opus
- Tad Czyzewski Baritone; "Robert," Magnum Opus
- Rob Legge Tenor; "John," Magnum Opus
- Tricia Lepofsky Mezzo-Soprano; "Polyhymnia the Greek Muse of Sacred Poetry," Magnum Opus
- Daniele Lorio Soprano, "Melpomene the Greek Muse of Tragedy," Magnum Opus
- Eric Sillers Baritone; "Robert Schumann," Magnum Opus
- Michael Oberhauser Composer and Conductor, "Magnum Opus"
- Nicolas Catravas Pianist, "Magnum Opus"
Most Recent Shows
For the fifth year in a row, the U.S. welcomed over a million international students. Could the pandemic drastically reduce that number?
Learn how to adopt a pet, and some tips and tricks to help you train your new puppy.
Local filmmaker Merawi Gerima tells the story of gentrification and identity.