How should the D.C. provide oversight for its public schools? What do new polling numbers and endorsements suggest about the Maryland Gubernatorial race? And how are Virginia's Democrats planning to flip key districts in November?
Conventional wisdom says that opera only appeals to a graying, aging audience. But a group of young Catholic University graduates has set out to dispel that idea. They’ve formed an ambitious new opera company geared to a younger, more diverse fan base. We’ll talk with them about their approach to a tradition-bound art form, and get a live in-studio performance.
- Sarah Philippa Co-founder, Opera Alterna; "Claire," Magnum Opus
- Jay Brock Co-founder, Opera Alterna; Director, Magnum Opus
- Tad Czyzewski Baritone; "Robert," Magnum Opus
- Rob Legge Tenor; "John," Magnum Opus
- Tricia Lepofsky Mezzo-Soprano; "Polyhymnia the Greek Muse of Sacred Poetry," Magnum Opus
- Daniele Lorio Soprano, "Melpomene the Greek Muse of Tragedy," Magnum Opus
- Eric Sillers Baritone; "Robert Schumann," Magnum Opus
- Michael Oberhauser Composer and Conductor, "Magnum Opus"
- Nicolas Catravas Pianist, "Magnum Opus"
Most Recent Shows
It's back-to-school time and parents are scrambling to buy everything on their kids' supply lists. But what can they do to prepare children emotionally for a new school year?
While John Brown's name and legacy are linked to Harpers Ferry, far less is known about the men who fought with him.
A 19 year-old's death calls into question grueling training practices at the University of Maryland.