The last Major League baseball game was played on October 30, 2019. The Nats won.
Conventional wisdom says that opera only appeals to a graying, aging audience. But a group of young Catholic University graduates has set out to dispel that idea. They’ve formed an ambitious new opera company geared to a younger, more diverse fan base. We’ll talk with them about their approach to a tradition-bound art form, and get a live in-studio performance.
- Sarah Philippa Co-founder, Opera Alterna; "Claire," Magnum Opus
- Jay Brock Co-founder, Opera Alterna; Director, Magnum Opus
- Tad Czyzewski Baritone; "Robert," Magnum Opus
- Rob Legge Tenor; "John," Magnum Opus
- Tricia Lepofsky Mezzo-Soprano; "Polyhymnia the Greek Muse of Sacred Poetry," Magnum Opus
- Daniele Lorio Soprano, "Melpomene the Greek Muse of Tragedy," Magnum Opus
- Eric Sillers Baritone; "Robert Schumann," Magnum Opus
- Michael Oberhauser Composer and Conductor, "Magnum Opus"
- Nicolas Catravas Pianist, "Magnum Opus"
Most Recent Shows
Before the pandemic hit, D.C.’s tourism industry expected big gains during the spring and summer months. What kind of summer is the industry hoping for now?
Would Aristotle wear a mask?
The U.S. has now surpassed 100,000 reported deaths. What does this grim milestone say about how we're responding to the pandemic?