Maryland Senator Ben Cardin joins us to talk about the youth movement against gun violence, Russian sanctions, and more. D.C. Councilmember Mary Cheh shares her thoughts on relief for high water bills and news that D.C. Public Schools is taking over an all girls charter school.
The 110th Congress will long be remembered for the theatrics and acrimony surrounding the $700 billion Wall Street bailout. But activists, business leaders, and politicians are finding common ground on a surprising issue: mental health. We look at recently-passed laws that will affect how your insurer — and your employer — will deal with mental health issues.
- Neil Trautwein Vice President, Employee Benefits Policy Counsel, National Retail Federation
- Peter Newbould Director of Congressional & Political Affairs, American Psychological Association
- Jennifer Mathis Deputy Legal Director, Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law
- Michael Peterson Associate General Counsel & Director of Labor & Employment Policy, HR Policy Association
- John A. Boland Adjunct Professor of Political Science, Temple University
Most Recent Shows
Facing Calls For Dismissal, Prince George’s Schools CEO Kevin Maxwell Attends To Crisis Of Confidence
An investigation into Prince George's County Public Schools last fall found inflated graduation rates, too many excused absences and overly lax grading. How will the county fix its school's problems?
We check in with D.C.'s police chief to discuss his first year of policing the nation's capital.
80 degree days, windstorms, floods, droughts and bomb cyclones. We're all coping with a changing climate, but what happens when your livelihood depends on the weather?