Maryland Senator Ben Cardin joins us to talk about the youth movement against gun violence, Russian sanctions, and more. D.C. Councilmember Mary Cheh shares her thoughts on relief for high water bills and news that D.C. Public Schools is taking over an all girls charter school.
Guest Host: Matthew Felling
Environmentalists & forward-thinking developers have long touted “Smart Growth” plans that link homes with offices and public transportation systems. Now, $4 gasoline may be kick-starting Smart Growth ideas out of the planning phase and into construction. We look at where these principles are being applied and what the region might look like in coming decades.
- Roger Lewis Architect; Columnist, "Shaping the City," Washington Post; and Professor Emeritus of Architecture, University of Maryland College Park
- David Robertson Executive Director, Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments
- Mike McKeever Executive Director, Sacramento Area Council of Governments
- Stewart Schwartz Executive Director, Coalition for Smarter Growth
- Bob Youngentob Principal, Eakin/Youngentob Associates, Inc.
Most Recent Shows
Facing Calls For Dismissal, Prince George’s Schools CEO Kevin Maxwell Attends To Crisis Of Confidence
An investigation into Prince George's County Public Schools last fall found inflated graduation rates, too many excused absences and overly lax grading. How will the county fix its school's problems?
We check in with D.C.'s police chief to discuss his first year of policing the nation's capital.
80 degree days, windstorms, floods, droughts and bomb cyclones. We're all coping with a changing climate, but what happens when your livelihood depends on the weather?