After John McNamara was killed in the Capital Gazette shooting, his wife Andrea Chamblee took it upon herself to publish his last book — a love letter to D.C. hoops: "The Capital of Basketball."
Recently, a number of local musicians found themselves with a unique opportunity — they were asked to compose music for the films of silent screen star Harry Langdon. Join Kojo for a live performance of their musical scores, and hear about Langdon films, many of which haven’t been viewed by an audience in over 70 years.
- Ben Redwine Clarinetist; composer; artistic director, St. Andrews Concert Series; leader of Redwine Jazz Band; and E-flat clarinetist with US Naval Academy Band
- Maurice Saylor Woodwinds; co-founder of The Snark Ensemble; and Head Music Librarian, Catholic University
- Andrew Simpson Pianist & accordionist; co-founder of The Snark Ensemble; and Professor of Music Composition, Catholic University
- Phil Carluzzo Guitarist & percussionist; and co-founder, The Snark Ensemble
- Robert Farr Founder, SLAPSTICON Silent Comedy Film Festival
Most Recent Shows
If you're a federal worker, now is the time to make changes to your health insurance plan.
D.C. Councilmember Vincent Gray (D-Ward 7) on his re-election campaign and Jack Evans; Montgomery County Councilmember Tom Hucker on the county's new economic development platform, racial equity proposals and widening the American Legion Bridge.
It's been two years since an unarmed man, 25-year-old Bijan Ghaisar, was shot and killed by police in Fairfax County. Kojo sits down with Bijan's family to discuss their quest for answers.