The D.C. crime writer talks about his latest projects and other local authors you may want to discover.
Recently, a number of local musicians found themselves with a unique opportunity — they were asked to compose music for the films of silent screen star Harry Langdon. Join Kojo for a live performance of their musical scores, and hear about Langdon films, many of which haven’t been viewed by an audience in over 70 years.
- Ben Redwine Clarinetist; composer; artistic director, St. Andrews Concert Series; leader of Redwine Jazz Band; and E-flat clarinetist with US Naval Academy Band
- Maurice Saylor Woodwinds; co-founder of The Snark Ensemble; and Head Music Librarian, Catholic University
- Andrew Simpson Pianist & accordionist; co-founder of The Snark Ensemble; and Professor of Music Composition, Catholic University
- Phil Carluzzo Guitarist & percussionist; and co-founder, The Snark Ensemble
- Robert Farr Founder, SLAPSTICON Silent Comedy Film Festival
Most Recent Shows
Gun homicides reached a 15-year peak in 2020. How are D.C.'s communities responding to the violence?
Jesse Washington, who co-authored "I Came as a Shadow" with John Thompson, joins us to discuss the life and legacy of the Hall of Fame Georgetown University basketball coach.
Discover books about Muslim American kids that will resonate with every kid.