A D.C. cannabis activist moves to Maryland to organize against a Republican Congressperson. Virginia's legislature is back for a special session to craft a budget, but will Medicaid expansion continue to be a sticking point? All that and more on the Politics Hour.
Recently, a number of local musicians found themselves with a unique opportunity — they were asked to compose music for the films of silent screen star Harry Langdon. Join Kojo for a live performance of their musical scores, and hear about Langdon films, many of which haven’t been viewed by an audience in over 70 years.
- Ben Redwine Clarinetist; composer; artistic director, St. Andrews Concert Series; leader of Redwine Jazz Band; and E-flat clarinetist with US Naval Academy Band
- Maurice Saylor Woodwinds; co-founder of The Snark Ensemble; and Head Music Librarian, Catholic University
- Andrew Simpson Pianist & accordionist; co-founder of The Snark Ensemble; and Professor of Music Composition, Catholic University
- Phil Carluzzo Guitarist & percussionist; and co-founder, The Snark Ensemble
- Robert Farr Founder, SLAPSTICON Silent Comedy Film Festival
Most Recent Shows
Two writers covering mass incarceration from two different local angles were honored by the Pulitzer Prize committee. We explore the work of Tim Eberly and James Forman, Jr.
It's zoo baby season, folks! Come for the furry mammals. Stay for the tentacle snakes.
The service industry is divided over a ballot initiative up for vote in June that would phase out the tipped minimum wage by 2025.