Time, money, gift items -- local organizations weigh in on what they really need, now and through the rest of the year.
Recently, a number of local musicians found themselves with a unique opportunity — they were asked to compose music for the films of silent screen star Harry Langdon. Join Kojo for a live performance of their musical scores, and hear about Langdon films, many of which haven’t been viewed by an audience in over 70 years.
- Ben Redwine Clarinetist; composer; artistic director, St. Andrews Concert Series; leader of Redwine Jazz Band; and E-flat clarinetist with US Naval Academy Band
- Maurice Saylor Woodwinds; co-founder of The Snark Ensemble; and Head Music Librarian, Catholic University
- Andrew Simpson Pianist & accordionist; co-founder of The Snark Ensemble; and Professor of Music Composition, Catholic University
- Phil Carluzzo Guitarist & percussionist; and co-founder, The Snark Ensemble
- Robert Farr Founder, SLAPSTICON Silent Comedy Film Festival
Most Recent Shows
A group of current and former Prince George’s County police officers filed a lawsuit against the police department, alleging racial discrimination and retaliation.
A look into the battle between Maryland and D.C. to host Washington's football team. And we speak to the newly elected Montgomery County Council President, Nancy Navarro.
Seasons greetings, bookworms! It's our annual winter reading show and we're talking the very best books of the year. Take note (and share your suggestions!)