Howard University Provost Anthony Wutoh talks about alumna Kamala Harris' vice presidential nomination. Virginia House Majority Leader Charniele Herring previews the upcoming special session focusing on criminal justice. And D.C. Councilmember Charles Allen talks about the spike of gun violence in the District.
Recently, a number of local musicians found themselves with a unique opportunity — they were asked to compose music for the films of silent screen star Harry Langdon. Join Kojo for a live performance of their musical scores, and hear about Langdon films, many of which haven’t been viewed by an audience in over 70 years.
- Ben Redwine Clarinetist; composer; artistic director, St. Andrews Concert Series; leader of Redwine Jazz Band; and E-flat clarinetist with US Naval Academy Band
- Maurice Saylor Woodwinds; co-founder of The Snark Ensemble; and Head Music Librarian, Catholic University
- Andrew Simpson Pianist & accordionist; co-founder of The Snark Ensemble; and Professor of Music Composition, Catholic University
- Phil Carluzzo Guitarist & percussionist; and co-founder, The Snark Ensemble
- Robert Farr Founder, SLAPSTICON Silent Comedy Film Festival
Most Recent Shows
The doctors are here to advise. Public health experts Dr. Travis Gayles and Dr. Leana Wen join us to share their expertise and answer your essential questions.
The Republican governor of Maryland writes about bipartisanship during political divisiveness, the 2015 Baltimore protests and beating cancer. We'll hear what Maryland journalists think of the book.
It takes a Senate super majority to make D.C. a state. These statehood advocates say that must change.