Maryland Senator Ben Cardin joins us to talk about the youth movement against gun violence, Russian sanctions, and more. D.C. Councilmember Mary Cheh shares her thoughts on relief for high water bills and news that D.C. Public Schools is taking over an all girls charter school.
Summer is a perfect time to kick back with a good book — whether relaxing in a hammock, lying on the beach, or waiting in an airport. Book lovers and expert reviewers join Kojo to share their recommendations for the best reads of the summer.
- Barbara Hoffert Editor of the Book Review at Library Journal
- Mark Laframboise Senior Bookbuyer, Politics and Prose
- J.B. Dickey Owner, Seattle Mystery Bookshop
- Blanche Richardson Manager of Marcus Books in Oakland, California
- Mary Gay Shipley President & Janitor, That Bookstore in Blytheville
Most Recent Shows
Facing Calls For Dismissal, Prince George’s Schools CEO Kevin Maxwell Attends To Crisis Of Confidence
An investigation into Prince George's County Public Schools last fall found inflated graduation rates, too many excused absences and overly lax grading. How will the county fix its school's problems?
We check in with D.C.'s police chief to discuss his first year of policing the nation's capital.
80 degree days, windstorms, floods, droughts and bomb cyclones. We're all coping with a changing climate, but what happens when your livelihood depends on the weather?