Maryland Senator Ben Cardin joins us to talk about the youth movement against gun violence, Russian sanctions, and more. D.C. Councilmember Mary Cheh shares her thoughts on relief for high water bills and news that D.C. Public Schools is taking over an all girls charter school.
"Peer pressure" is normally thought of negatively. But some courts are exploiting it. Using teens to prosecute teens. Or as juries or even judges. Our Urban Institute series continues, with a look at cities using teen courts to combat youth crime.
- Jeff Butts Senior Research Associate, Urban Institute
- Angie Battaglia Supervisor, Community Services Division of the Maricopa County Juvenile Court
- Jose Rodriguez Judge in the Ninth Judicial Circuit of Florida in Orlando, FL
- Joshua Lopez Teen juror, Time Dollar Youth Court in Washington, DC
- Leroy Davis Court officer, Red Hook Justice Center in Brooklyn, NY
Most Recent Shows
Facing Calls For Dismissal, Prince George’s Schools CEO Kevin Maxwell Attends To Crisis Of Confidence
An investigation into Prince George's County Public Schools last fall found inflated graduation rates, too many excused absences and overly lax grading. How will the county fix its school's problems?
We check in with D.C.'s police chief to discuss his first year of policing the nation's capital.
80 degree days, windstorms, floods, droughts and bomb cyclones. We're all coping with a changing climate, but what happens when your livelihood depends on the weather?