In some neighborhoods in our region — and near many schools — young people face the threat of gun violence on a daily basis.
The 2018 midterms saw record turnout and momentous changes, both locally and nationwide. We take a look at what the midterms mean for the politics of the region moving forward. Plus, we talk to two of the election’s local winners about their campaigns and next steps.
Sorting political fact from fiction, and having fun while we’re at it. Join us for our weekly review of the politics, policies, and personalities of the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
Produced by Mark Gunnery
- Tom Sherwood Resident Analyst; Contributing Writer for Washington City Paper; @tomsherwood
- Robert McCartney Senior Regional Correspondent and Associate Editor, Washington Post; @McCartneyWP
- Jennifer Wexton U.S. Congressperson elect (D, District 10, VA); Virginia State Senator (D, District 33); @JenniferWexton
- Marc Elrich Montgomery County Executive elect (D); Member, Montgomery County Council (D-At Large); @marc_elrich
- John Whitbeck Former Chairman, Virginia Republican Party; Attorney, Whitbeck Cisneros McElroy PC; @JohnWhitbeck
Most Recent Shows
From scooters to buses, local officials, reporters, and activists explore transportation options in the area.
A new report shows that the District has one of the highest teacher turnover rates in the country. We'll dig into the report's findings and hear what it means for students in the classroom.
We hear the latest on Prince George's County schools and education funding in Maryland, and talk to Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax about his political future, sexual assault allegations against him, and this week's primaries.