The cooks and laborers who built the foundation of our county's culinary traditions have often gone unnoticed throughout history.
The 2018 midterms saw record turnout and momentous changes, both locally and nationwide. We take a look at what the midterms mean for the politics of the region moving forward. Plus, we talk to two of the election’s local winners about their campaigns and next steps.
Sorting political fact from fiction, and having fun while we’re at it. Join us for our weekly review of the politics, policies, and personalities of the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
Produced by Mark Gunnery
- Tom Sherwood Resident Analyst; Contributing Writer for Washington City Paper; @tomsherwood
- Robert McCartney Senior Regional Correspondent and Associate Editor, Washington Post; @McCartneyWP
- Jennifer Wexton U.S. Congressperson elect (D, District 10, VA); Virginia State Senator (D, District 33); @JenniferWexton
- Marc Elrich Montgomery County Executive elect (D); Member, Montgomery County Council (D-At Large); @marc_elrich
- John Whitbeck Former Chairman, Virginia Republican Party; Attorney, Whitbeck Cisneros McElroy PC; @JohnWhitbeck
Most Recent Shows
Esports are growing in popularity across the globe — and D.C. is getting in on the action. We look at how the Washington region is embracing professional video gaming as fans and players.
What's next for public education in Maryland? And how will it be funded?
More restrictive gun laws, a ban on styrofoam, a $15 minimum wage, and a mandate for renewable energy. It was all up for debate on "Crossover Day" in the Maryland General Assembly. So, what passed, what didn't, and what still has a chance?