A play at Anacostia Playhouse explores artistic collaboration across racial divides and auditioning for Shakespeare while black.
The 2018 midterms saw record turnout and momentous changes, both locally and nationwide. We take a look at what the midterms mean for the politics of the region moving forward. Plus, we talk to two of the election’s local winners about their campaigns and next steps.
Sorting political fact from fiction, and having fun while we’re at it. Join us for our weekly review of the politics, policies, and personalities of the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
Produced by Mark Gunnery
- Tom Sherwood Resident Analyst; Contributing Writer for Washington City Paper; @tomsherwood
- Robert McCartney Senior Regional Correspondent and Associate Editor, Washington Post; @McCartneyWP
- Jennifer Wexton U.S. Congressperson elect (D, District 10, VA); Virginia State Senator (D, District 33); @JenniferWexton
- Marc Elrich Montgomery County Executive elect (D); Member, Montgomery County Council (D-At Large); @marc_elrich
- John Whitbeck Former Chairman, Virginia Republican Party; Attorney, Whitbeck Cisneros McElroy PC; @JohnWhitbeck
Most Recent Shows
Area food banks and charities are stepping up to provide food, rent assistance and other emergency support services to federal employees and contractors living without paychecks. But they can't do it alone.
Washington's fitness scene has a bad rap of cost-prohibitive gyms and homogenous classes.
Forget resolutions. What does the data say about how many people stick with their new fitness regimen? And how can you pick the right gym for you?