Kojo speaks with Arlington Board Chair Katie Cristol about the Amazon HQ2 effect and D.C. Attorney General Karl Racine about his probe into the local Catholic Church and his office's legal challenges against the Trump administration.
The 2018 midterms saw record turnout and momentous changes, both locally and nationwide. We take a look at what the midterms mean for the politics of the region moving forward. Plus, we talk to two of the election’s local winners about their campaigns and next steps.
Sorting political fact from fiction, and having fun while we’re at it. Join us for our weekly review of the politics, policies, and personalities of the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
Produced by Mark Gunnery
- Tom Sherwood Resident Analyst; Contributing Writer for Washington City Paper; @tomsherwood
- Robert McCartney Senior Regional Correspondent and Associate Editor, Washington Post; @McCartneyWP
- Jennifer Wexton U.S. Congressperson elect (D, District 10, VA); Virginia State Senator (D, District 33); @JenniferWexton
- Marc Elrich Montgomery County Executive elect (D); Member, Montgomery County Council (D-At Large); @marc_elrich
- John Whitbeck Former Chairman, Virginia Republican Party; Attorney, Whitbeck Cisneros McElroy PC; @JohnWhitbeck
Most Recent Shows
Call in and share what’s on your mind ––from Amazon's plans to rebrand northern Virginia (National Landing, anyone?) to D.C.'s unanimously-passed restrictions on home sharing sites like AirBnB.
As many as 400,000 people across the commonwealth could qualify for health benefits under the expansion.
Montgomery County, Md. and Washington D.C. didn't make the cut for Amazon's HQ2, but they could still benefit -- and without having to pay out hefty incentives.