Call in and share what’s on your mind ––from yesterday's slushy snow day to the Covington Catholic teen's lawsuit against the Washington Post.
Guest Host: Michael Martinez
The U.S. House of Representatives rejects the District’s moves for full budget autonomy. Virginia’s governor faces a federal investigation over international finance and lobbying rules. And D.C., Maryland and Virginia move to create a Metro safety oversight panel. Join us for our weekly review of the politics, policies, and personalities of the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
- Tom Sherwood Resident Analyst; NBC 4 reporter; and Columnist for the Current Newspapers
- Lowell Duckett Vice President, A&D Security Consultants; retired Lt. with the D.C. Metropolitan Police Department; former head D.C. Black Police Caucus.
- Matthew Mahl Chairman, D.C. Police Union
- Harry Jaffe Co-author, "Dream City: Race, Power and the Decline of Washington, D.C." (Simon & Schuster, 1994); National Editor, "Washingtonian" magazine
- Jim LeMunyon Member, Virginia House of Delegates (R-Fairfax/Loudoun)
- Cathy Lanier Chief, Metropolitan Police Department (Washington, D.C.)
Most Recent Shows
D.C.'s 311 system will soon consolidate requests for information and repairs. And its 911 system is now geolocating emergency calls from cell phones.
Recent investigations have called into question how local law enforcement handles sexual assault cases. We explore what's working, and what isn't, in police responses to sexual assault.
The National Gallery of Art has one of the largest art collections in America. But how diverse are the artists?