Valerie Ervin steps into Maryland's Gubernatorial race a week after the sudden passing of her running mate Kevin Kamenetz. Councilmember Vincent Gray joins us to talk about his proposal for a two-dollar hike in D.C..
Guest Host: Michael Martinez
The U.S. House of Representatives rejects the District’s moves for full budget autonomy. Virginia’s governor faces a federal investigation over international finance and lobbying rules. And D.C., Maryland and Virginia move to create a Metro safety oversight panel. Join us for our weekly review of the politics, policies, and personalities of the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
- Tom Sherwood Resident Analyst; NBC 4 reporter; and Columnist for the Current Newspapers
- Lowell Duckett Vice President, A&D Security Consultants; retired Lt. with the D.C. Metropolitan Police Department; former head D.C. Black Police Caucus.
- Matthew Mahl Chairman, D.C. Police Union
- Harry Jaffe Co-author, "Dream City: Race, Power and the Decline of Washington, D.C." (Simon & Schuster, 1994); National Editor, "Washingtonian" magazine
- Jim LeMunyon Member, Virginia House of Delegates (R-Fairfax/Loudoun)
- Cathy Lanier Chief, Metropolitan Police Department (Washington, D.C.)
Most Recent Shows
A Supreme Court decision clears the way for states to legalize sports betting. But do Washington-area sports fans want it?
Washingtonian Magazine's recent marketing campaign advertised shirts that said "I'm Not A Tourist. I Live Here." In a once-predominantly black city that is contending with shifting demographics as well as gentrification, the initial images, which featured no black residents, elicited fury on social media.
In the United States, someone under the age of 25 is killed by gunfire every 70 minutes.