DIY arts spaces are community gathering places where people make and enjoy art and music in a non-traditional setting, oftentimes a home or a warehouse space. Despite the high rents in our region, the scene is thriving.
Guest Host: Michael Martinez
The U.S. House of Representatives rejects the District’s moves for full budget autonomy. Virginia’s governor faces a federal investigation over international finance and lobbying rules. And D.C., Maryland and Virginia move to create a Metro safety oversight panel. Join us for our weekly review of the politics, policies, and personalities of the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
- Tom Sherwood Resident Analyst; NBC 4 reporter; and Columnist for the Current Newspapers
- Lowell Duckett Vice President, A&D Security Consultants; retired Lt. with the D.C. Metropolitan Police Department; former head D.C. Black Police Caucus.
- Matthew Mahl Chairman, D.C. Police Union
- Harry Jaffe Co-author, "Dream City: Race, Power and the Decline of Washington, D.C." (Simon & Schuster, 1994); National Editor, "Washingtonian" magazine
- Jim LeMunyon Member, Virginia House of Delegates (R-Fairfax/Loudoun)
- Cathy Lanier Chief, Metropolitan Police Department (Washington, D.C.)
Most Recent Shows
George Hawkins is stepping down as head of DC Water, but he leaves at a moment when the agency is facing criticism over how they bill consumers for stormwater runoff.
At-Large D.C. Councilmember David Grosso (I) joins us to talk about the investigation of Ballou High School graduation rates, and the new proof of residency requirements for homeless families.
A new exhibit at The National Museum of Women in The Arts features the often unsung contributions of black women to modern, abstract art.