Virginia’s Attorney General on Second Amendment sanctuaries; D.C. Council Chairman Phil Mendelson on Councilmember Jack Evans; Virginia Sen.-elect John Bell on his priorities.
Guest Host: Matt McCleskey
The blue crab is an iconic harvest of the Chesapeake Bay. But a large percentage of crabs and other seafood consumed in our region actually come from the Gulf of Mexico. As a major oil slick threatens entire ecosystems along the Gulf, we examine how local seafood markets will be affected in the short and long term.
- Douglas Lipton Marquee Professor of Science and Technology, University of Maryland, College Park; Program Leader, University of Maryland Sea Grant Extension Program
- Jeff Black Owner, BlackSalt Fish Market and Restaurant
- Tim Sughrue Vice President, Congressional Seafood
- Larry Simms President, Maryland Watermen's Association
- Sheila Bowman Senior Outreach Manager, Seafood Watch, Monterey Bay Aquarium
Jeff Black on Sustainable Seafood
Jeff Black, owner of BlackSalt Fish Market and Restaurant, talks about sustainable seafood and where some of the specific species in his shop and restaurant originate:
Most Recent Shows
A law which reduced federal excise taxes for a range of alcohol producers is set to expire at the end of the year. It could mean a 400% tax hike.
All you need to know about holiday evergreens in the DMV — from the one at the Capitol to the one in your living room.
No one's ever accused Washington of being a fashion capital. But some are out to prove that we actually can have style when we try.