The nightlife industry is not an easy business, but sports bars have certain challenges that patrons may not fully understand.
Guest Host: Matt McCleskey
The blue crab is an iconic harvest of the Chesapeake Bay. But a large percentage of crabs and other seafood consumed in our region actually come from the Gulf of Mexico. As a major oil slick threatens entire ecosystems along the Gulf, we examine how local seafood markets will be affected in the short and long term.
- Douglas Lipton Marquee Professor of Science and Technology, University of Maryland, College Park; Program Leader, University of Maryland Sea Grant Extension Program
- Jeff Black Owner, BlackSalt Fish Market and Restaurant
- Tim Sughrue Vice President, Congressional Seafood
- Larry Simms President, Maryland Watermen's Association
- Sheila Bowman Senior Outreach Manager, Seafood Watch, Monterey Bay Aquarium
Jeff Black on Sustainable Seafood
Jeff Black, owner of BlackSalt Fish Market and Restaurant, talks about sustainable seafood and where some of the specific species in his shop and restaurant originate:
Most Recent Shows
Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan has big plans for I-495 and I-270. But many Montgomery County politicians aren't keen on his road map.
As scientists begin to reexamine the pages of historic texts, they’re learning remarkable things about the people who once handled these ancient documents -- including at D.C.'s Folger Library.
Arlington's Washington-Lee High School may be renamed as soon as next month so it no longer honors the commander of the Confederate army.