Elections are coming... but is gun control?
Guest Host: Matt McCleskey
The blue crab is an iconic harvest of the Chesapeake Bay. But a large percentage of crabs and other seafood consumed in our region actually come from the Gulf of Mexico. As a major oil slick threatens entire ecosystems along the Gulf, we examine how local seafood markets will be affected in the short and long term.
- Douglas Lipton Marquee Professor of Science and Technology, University of Maryland, College Park; Program Leader, University of Maryland Sea Grant Extension Program
- Jeff Black Owner, BlackSalt Fish Market and Restaurant
- Tim Sughrue Vice President, Congressional Seafood
- Larry Simms President, Maryland Watermen's Association
- Sheila Bowman Senior Outreach Manager, Seafood Watch, Monterey Bay Aquarium
Jeff Black on Sustainable Seafood
Jeff Black, owner of BlackSalt Fish Market and Restaurant, talks about sustainable seafood and where some of the specific species in his shop and restaurant originate:
Most Recent Shows
The cap, mandated by the Trump administration, affects not only refugees, but their families and the organizations that support them.
An new anthology tells the human story of Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.
Many women who served their country experience harassment at the very place they should feel most supported: VA Hospitals.