Maryland Senator Ben Cardin joins us to talk about the youth movement against gun violence, Russian sanctions, and more. D.C. Councilmember Mary Cheh shares her thoughts on relief for high water bills and news that D.C. Public Schools is taking over an all girls charter school.
The international community has pledged more than $5 billion to help rebuild earthquake-ravaged Haiti. But there are already major disagreements about how that reconstruction should proceed — and who should be in charge of it. We look at what’s needed to revitalize a nation with virtually no infrastructure, and consider some of the ideas for lifting Haiti out of poverty.
- Yvonne Tsikata Country Director for the Caribbean, World Bank
- Johanna Mendelson-Forman Senior Associate, Americas Program, Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Dalebrun Esther Haiti Country Director, International Action
- Deepak Kenkeremath Chief Engineer for the Haiti Project, International Action
- Bill Canny Director of Emergency Operations and former Country Director for Haiti, Catholic Relief Services
Audio Slideshow: Haiti Three Months After the Quake
Most Recent Shows
Facing Calls For Dismissal, Prince George’s Schools CEO Kevin Maxwell Attends To Crisis Of Confidence
An investigation into Prince George's County Public Schools last fall found inflated graduation rates, too many excused absences and overly lax grading. How will the county fix its school's problems?
We check in with D.C.'s police chief to discuss his first year of policing the nation's capital.
80 degree days, windstorms, floods, droughts and bomb cyclones. We're all coping with a changing climate, but what happens when your livelihood depends on the weather?