Maryland Senator Ben Cardin joins us to talk about the youth movement against gun violence, Russian sanctions, and more. D.C. Councilmember Mary Cheh shares her thoughts on relief for high water bills and news that D.C. Public Schools is taking over an all girls charter school.
The Computer Guys make their first appearance of the new decade. We get predictions for the big stories (and the big busts) in Tech 2010. And get your questions answered.
- John Gilroy WAMU Computer Guy; and Director of Business Development at SolutionsDevelopers
- Allison Druin WAMU Computer Gal; and Director of the Human-Computer Interaction Lab at the University of Maryland
- Bill Harlow WAMU Computer Guy; and Hardware & Software Technician for MACs & PCs at Mid-Atlantic Consulting, Inc.
Items Discussed on Today’s Show
Google Announces Android Smartphone
Women and the Tech Market
Women Responsible for 85 Percent of All Consumer Purchases
Organizing Your Email
Tablet Computers as E-Readers
Microsoft’s Bing App
- Bing App Release for iPhone
Who’s Really on Twitter?
Slow Machine? RegCleaner Could Help
- John’s RegCleaner Pro suggestion
Touch Screens with “Physical Pixels?”
- Millions of pins on new touch screens could bring <a href="http://mcworld-news.blogspot.com/2008/05/nhk-develops-haptic-display-capable-of.html">http://mcworld-news.blogspot.com/2008/05/nhk-develops-haptic-display-capable-of.html”>big advancements and apps like Braille for the blind.
Most Recent Shows
Facing Calls For Dismissal, Prince George’s Schools CEO Kevin Maxwell Attends To Crisis Of Confidence
An investigation into Prince George's County Public Schools last fall found inflated graduation rates, too many excused absences and overly lax grading. How will the county fix its school's problems?
We check in with D.C.'s police chief to discuss his first year of policing the nation's capital.
80 degree days, windstorms, floods, droughts and bomb cyclones. We're all coping with a changing climate, but what happens when your livelihood depends on the weather?