Montgomery County Councilmember Marc Elrich is running for County Executive with public financing and plans to take on developers. Kim R. Ford is challenging fourteen-term Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton for her seat. We talk to both of them about their campaigns and look at the biggest political news of the week.
What will DC look like 40 years from now? The metro area could be coping with an additional 1.5 million residents, climate change and new transportation nightmares. We’ll speak with leaders and policy experts who are thinking outside the box to ensure that Washington can continue to thrive amidst these future challenges.
- David Robertson Executive Director, Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments
- Stewart Schwartz Executive Director, Coalition for Smarter Growth
- Jim Dinegar President and CEO, Greater Washington Board of Trade
- Barbara Favola Member of the Arlington County Board
- Alan Imhoff Alderman, City of Frederick
Most Recent Shows
How do we talk about gun violence when it's not in the form of a mass shooting? We held a student town hall to discuss how local kids deal with the threat of violence locally, and how adults can respond.
This year, the bug to watch out for is the spotted lanternfly, a stunning polka-dotted menace that feasts on the interior plant sap of grape vines, fruit trees and more.
In the wake of a deadly bridge collapse in south Florida, we're turning an eye to the safety of our own transportation, water, electricity, and other systems.