Montgomery County State's Attorney John McCarthy discusses his efforts to address gang violence. Plus, D.C. Councilmember Trayon White joins us to recap the "grocery march" protesting food deserts east of the Anacostia River.
Guest Host: Tom Sherwood
A 20-year-old graduate thesis puts a Virginia gubernatorial candidate on the defensive. A community college president in Maryland tries to fight off allegations of massive misspending. And the Washington Redskins’ ticket policies threaten to alienate lifetime football fans. Join us for our weekly review of the politics, policies, and personalities of the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
- Tom Sherwood Resident Analyst; NBC 4 reporter; and Columnist for the Current Newspapers
- Bruce DePuyt Host of "NewsTalk," News Channel 8
- Steve Shannon Democratic Candidate, Virginia Attorney General; Member, Virginia House of Delegates, D-35th District
- Jeff Schapiro Columnist, Richmond Times-Dispatch
- Joslyn "Josh" Williams President, Metropolitan Washington Council, AFL-CIO
Most Recent Shows
Kojo chats with two reporters who spent the past year following the launch of Ron Brown College Preparatory High School, D.C.'s new school for boys of color. Their stories are now featured in "Raising Kings," a collaboration between NPR and Education Week.
For the first time since 2009, more people are leaving the Washington region than arriving ––including millennials. Kojo sits down with researchers to understand why migration to D.C. has slowed, and how millennials factor into the makeup of the city.
Many gardeners think that cooler weather means an end to gardening, but our roundtable of urban farmers offers tips for maintaining your garden throughout the fall months and preparing it for spring.