The sexual assault allegation against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh is prompting members of Washington's private school community to look inward.
School houses in the District open without a new teacher contract. Students report in Prince Georges County without class schedules. And Maryland lawmakers go through another session of “Budget Cutting 101.” Join us for our weekly review of the politics, policies, and personalities of the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
- Tom Sherwood Resident Analyst; NBC 4 reporter; and Columnist for the Current Newspapers
- Bill Turque Reporter, The Washington Post
- Verjeana M. Jacobs Chair, Prince George's County Board of Education
- Isiah Leggett Montgomery County Executive (D)
- George Parker President, The Washington Teachers Union
Most Recent Shows
New proposed legislation threatens some of the power D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser exercises over education in the District. Rep. Jamie Raskin is running for a second term in Congress, pledging to protect Maryland's air and federal workers. They both join us in studio.
A WAMU series explores gun violence and aggressive policing in the nation's capital.
Kojo interviews WHUR's former general manager on how his technical experience informed his leadership, and how he turned one station into a network of six.