How do we talk about gun violence when it's not in the form of a mass shooting? We held a student town hall to discuss how local kids deal with the threat of violence locally, and how adults can respond.
Over the last decade, restaurant owners, food lovers and public health advocates have placed a new premium on eating fresh, nutritious produce from nearby farms. But they encounter major obstacles trying to bring fresh seasonal ingredients to consumers in the Washington region. We get a local perspective on the challenges of getting healthy food from the farm to the dinner table.
- Michael F. Curtin, Jr. Chief Executive Officer, D.C. Central Kitchen
- Ann Harvey Yonkers Co-Director, FRESHFARM Markets
- Lee Hauter Owner, Bull Run Mountain Vegetable Farms (The Plains, Virginia)
- Mark Toigo Owner, Toigo Orchards (Shippensburg, Pennsylvania)
- Cathal Armstrong Owner and Chef, Restaurant Eve (Alexandria, VA)
- Anthony Chittum Executive Chef, Vermilion Restaurant (Alexandria, VA)
Most Recent Shows
This year, the bug to watch out for is the spotted lanternfly, a stunning polka-dotted menace that feasts on the interior plant sap of grape vines, fruit trees and more.
In the wake of a deadly bridge collapse in south Florida, we're turning an eye to the safety of our own transportation, water, electricity, and other systems.
Ridehailing companies say they are helping cities combat congestion, but as transit ridership declines and traffic gets worse, we take a closer look at their role in Washington's gridlock.