Maryland Senator Ben Cardin joins us to talk about the youth movement against gun violence, Russian sanctions, and more. D.C. Councilmember Mary Cheh shares her thoughts on relief for high water bills and news that D.C. Public Schools is taking over an all girls charter school.
For almost three decades, the D.C. government has provided young people with summer employment opportunities. But last year’s program was plagued by budget problems and overwhelming participation. The program returns this week, amid questions about whether the city has adequately addressed those issues. We talk with director of the city’s program, and explore how summer employment programs are being implemented in our region and around the country.
- Jonathan O'Connell Reporter, Washington Business Journal
- Eshauna Smith Executive Director, DC Alliance of Youth Advocates
- Joseph P. Walsh Director, Department of Employment Services, District of Columbia
- Rhonda Tsoi-A-Fatt Senior Policy Analyst, Center for Law & Social Policy
- Margaret Singleton Vice President and Executive Director, DC Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Robert Gill Manager, Youth Employment Services Program (YES), Prince George's County
Most Recent Shows
Facing Calls For Dismissal, Prince George’s Schools CEO Kevin Maxwell Attends To Crisis Of Confidence
An investigation into Prince George's County Public Schools last fall found inflated graduation rates, too many excused absences and overly lax grading. How will the county fix its school's problems?
We check in with D.C.'s police chief to discuss his first year of policing the nation's capital.
80 degree days, windstorms, floods, droughts and bomb cyclones. We're all coping with a changing climate, but what happens when your livelihood depends on the weather?