Montgomery County Councilmember Marc Elrich is running for County Executive with public financing and plans to take on developers. Kim R. Ford is challenging fourteen-term Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton for her seat. We talk to both of them about their campaigns and look at the biggest political news of the week.
Legislation to legalize same-sex marriage may be moving ahead soon in the District. But a preliminary debate about gay marriages performed in other states is igniting a firestorm of protests — including from within our region’s African-American community. We explore the cultural and generational views at play as this community negotiates the debate about gay rights.
- Marion Barry D.C. Council Member (D-Ward 8); Chairman, Committee on Housing and Urban Affairs; former Mayor of the District of Columbia
- Rev. Carlton Veazey Pastor, Fellowship Baptist Church; President, Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice
- Jeffrey D. Richardson President and CEO, Gertrude Stein Democratic Club
- Harry Jackson Senior Pastor, Hope Christian Church, Beltsville, Md.
- Sophia Nelson Editor-in-Chief, PoliticalIntersection.com; contributor, The Huffington Post, TheRoot.com; Attorney; President I-ASK Inc.
- Kwabena "Rainey" Cheeks Bishop, Inner Light Ministries
Most Recent Shows
How do we talk about gun violence when it's not in the form of a mass shooting? We held a student town hall to discuss how local kids deal with the threat of violence locally, and how adults can respond.
This year, the bug to watch out for is the spotted lanternfly, a stunning polka-dotted menace that feasts on the interior plant sap of grape vines, fruit trees and more.
In the wake of a deadly bridge collapse in south Florida, we're turning an eye to the safety of our own transportation, water, electricity, and other systems.