Many gardeners think that cooler weather means an end to gardening, but our roundtable of urban farmers offers tips for maintaining your garden throughout the fall months and preparing it for spring.
Guest Host: Matthew Felling
The big-league baseball teams have all had their opening days. Now it’s time for the local farm-teams. From the Bowie Baysox to the Potomac Nationals, we get a preview of the upcoming season for local minor-league clubs, and get some ideas for affordable family getaways.
- Bruce Adams Co-author, "Baseball Vacations: Great Family Trips to Minor League and Classic Major League Ballparks Across America"; Co-founder Field of Dreams After-School and Summer Camp Program; President, The Bethesda Big Train
- Peter Kirk Chairman of Opening Day Partners, owner of the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs (a new independent minor league team, in Charles County)
- Brian Shallcross General Manager, Bowie Bay Sox (Class AA Affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles)
- Anthony Oppermann Assistant General Manager, Potomac Nationals (Class A Affiliate of the Washington Nationals)
- Brooks Robinson Hall of Fame baseball player; owner, Southern Maryland Blue Crabs
Most Recent Shows
As D.C. and jurisdictions around the region put in their pitches for Amazon's second headquarters, we explore what winning that bid would mean for the region, and what it might cost taxpayers.
It’s “Your Turn” to share your views about the stories Washingtonians are talking about ––from a rollback on federal health care subsidies to the name change of a Virginia high school named after a Confederate general.
As deer hunting begins in Maryland, we discuss different means for deer population management, including a controversial program in Montgomery County that allows bow hunting on park lands.