Kojo speaks with "Speak No Evil" novelist and D.C. native Uzodinma Iweala about his second novel and how his local upbringing affects his storytelling.
Guest Host: Matthew Felling
The big-league baseball teams have all had their opening days. Now it’s time for the local farm-teams. From the Bowie Baysox to the Potomac Nationals, we get a preview of the upcoming season for local minor-league clubs, and get some ideas for affordable family getaways.
- Bruce Adams Co-author, "Baseball Vacations: Great Family Trips to Minor League and Classic Major League Ballparks Across America"; Co-founder Field of Dreams After-School and Summer Camp Program; President, The Bethesda Big Train
- Peter Kirk Chairman of Opening Day Partners, owner of the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs (a new independent minor league team, in Charles County)
- Brian Shallcross General Manager, Bowie Bay Sox (Class AA Affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles)
- Anthony Oppermann Assistant General Manager, Potomac Nationals (Class A Affiliate of the Washington Nationals)
- Brooks Robinson Hall of Fame baseball player; owner, Southern Maryland Blue Crabs
Most Recent Shows
Mayor Bowser made a commitment to ending traffic fatalities in the District by 2024, but three years later, deaths have only steadily increased.
Maryland Senator Ben Cardin joins us to talk about the youth movement against gun violence, Russian sanctions, and more. D.C. Councilmember Mary Cheh shares her thoughts on relief for high water bills and news that D.C. Public Schools is taking over an all girls charter school.
Facing Calls For Dismissal, Prince George’s Schools CEO Kevin Maxwell Attends To Crisis Of Confidence
An investigation into Prince George's County Public Schools last fall found inflated graduation rates, too many excused absences and overly lax grading. How will the county fix its school's problems?