Maryland Senator Ben Cardin joins us to talk about the youth movement against gun violence, Russian sanctions, and more. D.C. Councilmember Mary Cheh shares her thoughts on relief for high water bills and news that D.C. Public Schools is taking over an all girls charter school.
They put in long hours for little money, speaking for popular and unpopular causes, and they have the bruises to prove it. We’ll look at the role of citizen activists in city politics. Plus, Council Member Marion Barry joins us to discuss the often-strained relationship between Southeast residents and developers. Join us for our weekly review of the politics, policies, and personalities of the District of Columbia.
- Jonetta Rose Barras WAMU resident political analyst and columnist for "The Examiner"
- Marion Barry D.C. Council Member (D-Ward 8); Chairman, Committee on Housing and Urban Affairs; former Mayor of the District of Columbia
- Vanessa Dixon Founding Member, D.C. Health Care Coalition
- Ron Moten Co-Founder and Chief Operations Officer, Peaceoholics
- Gary Imhoff Vice President, D.C. Watch
Most Recent Shows
Facing Calls For Dismissal, Prince George’s Schools CEO Kevin Maxwell Attends To Crisis Of Confidence
An investigation into Prince George's County Public Schools last fall found inflated graduation rates, too many excused absences and overly lax grading. How will the county fix its school's problems?
We check in with D.C.'s police chief to discuss his first year of policing the nation's capital.
80 degree days, windstorms, floods, droughts and bomb cyclones. We're all coping with a changing climate, but what happens when your livelihood depends on the weather?