Maryland Senator Ben Cardin joins us to talk about the youth movement against gun violence, Russian sanctions, and more. D.C. Councilmember Mary Cheh shares her thoughts on relief for high water bills and news that D.C. Public Schools is taking over an all girls charter school.
We assess the politics of the police beat with Chief Cathy Lanier. She joins us to discuss the public image of police officers and share her crime-fighting strategies. Plus, we’ll look at the grassroots effort to put the mayor’s education plan to a public vote. Join us for our weekly review of the politics, policies, and personalities of the District of Columbia.
- Jonetta Rose Barras WAMU resident political analyst and columnist for "The Examiner"
- Elissa Silverman Reporter, The Washington Post
- Cathy Lanier Chief, Metropolitan Police Department
- Matthew Watson Attorney representing the education referendum coalition
- Donna Wells Trustee, Historical Society of Washington, D.C.
Most Recent Shows
Facing Calls For Dismissal, Prince George’s Schools CEO Kevin Maxwell Attends To Crisis Of Confidence
An investigation into Prince George's County Public Schools last fall found inflated graduation rates, too many excused absences and overly lax grading. How will the county fix its school's problems?
We check in with D.C.'s police chief to discuss his first year of policing the nation's capital.
80 degree days, windstorms, floods, droughts and bomb cyclones. We're all coping with a changing climate, but what happens when your livelihood depends on the weather?