Maryland Senator Ben Cardin joins us to talk about the youth movement against gun violence, Russian sanctions, and more. D.C. Councilmember Mary Cheh shares her thoughts on relief for high water bills and news that D.C. Public Schools is taking over an all girls charter school.
Spring cleaning can be good for your house, but bad for the environment. From chemicals in dish detergent to the fertilizer on your lawn, we’ll look at some of the chief culprits and consider environmentally-friendly alternatives for sprucing up your home.
- Margaret Palmer Professor and director of the Chesapeake Biological Lab with the University of Maryland Center for Environmental Sciences in Solomons, Maryland
- Tracy Bowen Executive Director of the Alice Ferguson Foundation
- Keith Tomlinson Park Manager, Meadowlark Botanical Gardens
- Kay Fowler Executive Director of the Fairfax ReLeaf Organization
- Cliff Fairweather Manager naturalist of the Rust Nature Sanctuary, with the Audubon Naturalist Society.
Most Recent Shows
Facing Calls For Dismissal, Prince George’s Schools CEO Kevin Maxwell Attends To Crisis Of Confidence
An investigation into Prince George's County Public Schools last fall found inflated graduation rates, too many excused absences and overly lax grading. How will the county fix its school's problems?
We check in with D.C.'s police chief to discuss his first year of policing the nation's capital.
80 degree days, windstorms, floods, droughts and bomb cyclones. We're all coping with a changing climate, but what happens when your livelihood depends on the weather?