Maryland Senator Ben Cardin joins us to talk about the youth movement against gun violence, Russian sanctions, and more. D.C. Councilmember Mary Cheh shares her thoughts on relief for high water bills and news that D.C. Public Schools is taking over an all girls charter school.
The new link between voting rights and the District’s gun ban: advocates howl over the latest twist in the fight on Capitol Hill. Plus, fur flies over plans to create more dog parks for the District. Join us for our weekly review of the politics, policies, and personalities of the District of Columbia.
- Jonetta Rose Barras WAMU resident political analyst and columnist for "The Examiner"
- Kathleen Patterson Former D.C. Councilmember (D-Ward 3); Federal Policy Director, Pre-K Now
- Ilir Zherka Executive Director, D.C. Vote
- Dan Tangherlini City Administrator, District of Columbia
- Mindy Moretti President, Friends of Walter Pierce Park; Commissioner, ANC 1C04
Most Recent Shows
Facing Calls For Dismissal, Prince George’s Schools CEO Kevin Maxwell Attends To Crisis Of Confidence
An investigation into Prince George's County Public Schools last fall found inflated graduation rates, too many excused absences and overly lax grading. How will the county fix its school's problems?
We check in with D.C.'s police chief to discuss his first year of policing the nation's capital.
80 degree days, windstorms, floods, droughts and bomb cyclones. We're all coping with a changing climate, but what happens when your livelihood depends on the weather?