It’s “Your Turn” to share your views about the stories Washingtonians are talking about ––from a rollback on federal health care subsidies to the name change of a Virginia high school named after a Confederate general.
Guest Host: James Jones
City leaders grapple with education, this season’s political football. Plus, we look at the economic competition between D.C. and the suburbs. Join us for our weekly review of the politics, policies, and personalities of the District of Columbia.
- Jonetta Rose Barras WAMU resident political analyst and columnist for "The Examiner"
- Mark Tapscott Editorial Page Editor, "The Examiner"
- Jim Graham D.C. Councilmember (D-Ward 1); Chairman, Committee on Public Works and the Environment
- Kwasi Holman President and CEO, Prince George's County Economic Development Corporation
- Kwame Brown D.C. Councilmember (D-At-Large); Chairman, Committee on Economic Development
Most Recent Shows
As deer hunting begins in Maryland, we discuss different means for deer population management, including a controversial program in Montgomery County that allows bow hunting on park lands.
We speak with the Director of D.C.'s Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs Melinda Bolling about the challenge of overseeing the central regulatory agency in a booming city.
Montgomery County Executive Ike Leggett on minimum wage hikes, Purple Line construction, and violent gang suppression. Plus, Republican candidate for Virginia governor Ed Gillespie joins Kojo and Tom Sherwood in studio.