Maryland Senator Ben Cardin joins us to talk about the youth movement against gun violence, Russian sanctions, and more. D.C. Councilmember Mary Cheh shares her thoughts on relief for high water bills and news that D.C. Public Schools is taking over an all girls charter school.
The crop of mayoral candidates expands and the city mobilizes to take in evacuees from Hurricane Katrina. We sort political fact from fiction, and have fun while we’re at it in our weekly review of the politics, policies, and personalities of the District of Columbia
- Jonetta Rose Barras WAMU resident political analyst and columnist for "The Examiner"
- Kathy Sinzinger Publisher, The Common Denominator
- Marty Knisely Director, DC Department of Mental Health
- Marie Johns Democratic Candidate for Mayor
- Adrian Fenty D.C. Council member (Ward 4) and Democratic Candidate for Mayor
Most Recent Shows
Facing Calls For Dismissal, Prince George’s Schools CEO Kevin Maxwell Attends To Crisis Of Confidence
An investigation into Prince George's County Public Schools last fall found inflated graduation rates, too many excused absences and overly lax grading. How will the county fix its school's problems?
We check in with D.C.'s police chief to discuss his first year of policing the nation's capital.
80 degree days, windstorms, floods, droughts and bomb cyclones. We're all coping with a changing climate, but what happens when your livelihood depends on the weather?