Montgomery County Councilmember Marc Elrich is running for County Executive with public financing and plans to take on developers. Kim R. Ford is challenging fourteen-term Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton for her seat. We talk to both of them about their campaigns and look at the biggest political news of the week.
As the Washington Nationals’ try to reconfigure their batting order for opening day, D.C. officials consider how to rename RFK Stadium, and how much they’ll pay for a new Anacostia waterfront ballpark. It’s time to play ball…
on the D.C. Politics Hour with Kojo and Jonetta.
- Jonetta Rose Barras WAMU resident political analyst and columnist for "The Examiner"
- Eric Fisher Sports Business Writer, The Washington Times
- Mark Tuohey Chairman of the D.C. Sports and Entertainment Commission
- Marty Knisely Director, DC Department of Mental Health
- Dr. Clifford Janey Superintendent, DC Public Schools
Most Recent Shows
How do we talk about gun violence when it's not in the form of a mass shooting? We held a student town hall to discuss how local kids deal with the threat of violence locally, and how adults can respond.
This year, the bug to watch out for is the spotted lanternfly, a stunning polka-dotted menace that feasts on the interior plant sap of grape vines, fruit trees and more.
In the wake of a deadly bridge collapse in south Florida, we're turning an eye to the safety of our own transportation, water, electricity, and other systems.