Montgomery County State's Attorney John McCarthy discusses his efforts to address gang violence. Plus, D.C. Councilmember Trayon White joins us to recap the "grocery march" protesting food deserts east of the Anacostia River.
Find out why former DC mayor Marion Barry may once again be running for the Ward 8 council seat, on the DC Politics Hour.
- Jonetta Rose Barras WAMU resident political analyst and columnist for "The Examiner"
- Mark Segraves Reporter and Producer, ABC 7 and NewsChannel 8
- Sandy Allen DC Councilmember (D-Ward 8); Chair of the Committee on Human Services
- Marion Barry D.C. Council Member (D-Ward 8); Chairman, Committee on Housing and Urban Affairs; former Mayor of the District of Columbia
- Jack Evans D.C. Council member (D-Ward 2); Chairman of the Committee on Finance and Revenue
Most Recent Shows
Kojo chats with two reporters who spent the past year following the launch of Ron Brown College Preparatory High School, D.C.'s new school for boys of color. Their stories are now featured in "Raising Kings," a collaboration between NPR and Education Week.
For the first time since 2009, more people are leaving the Washington region than arriving ––including millennials. Kojo sits down with researchers to understand why migration to D.C. has slowed, and how millennials factor into the makeup of the city.
Many gardeners think that cooler weather means an end to gardening, but our roundtable of urban farmers offers tips for maintaining your garden throughout the fall months and preparing it for spring.