Montgomery County State's Attorney John McCarthy discusses his efforts to address gang violence. Plus, D.C. Councilmember Trayon White joins us to recap the "grocery march" protesting food deserts east of the Anacostia River.
Will Major League Baseball move the Montreal Expos to the Washington area? Will the team be in D.C. or Northern Virginia? And who’s going to pay for the new ballpark?
- Eric Fisher Sports Business Writer, The Washington Times
- Brad Humphrey Sports Exonomist, University of Maryland - Baltimore County
- Bill Hall Member of the Board of Directors and Chairman of the Baseball Committee for the D.C. Sports & Entertainment Commission
- Ralph Nader Consumer Advocate, and Co-Founder of "The League of Fans"
- Gabe Paul Jr. Executive Director, Virginia Baseball Stadium Authority
Most Recent Shows
Kojo chats with two reporters who spent the past year following the launch of Ron Brown College Preparatory High School, D.C.'s new school for boys of color. Their stories are now featured in "Raising Kings," a collaboration between NPR and Education Week.
For the first time since 2009, more people are leaving the Washington region than arriving ––including millennials. Kojo sits down with researchers to understand why migration to D.C. has slowed, and how millennials factor into the makeup of the city.
Many gardeners think that cooler weather means an end to gardening, but our roundtable of urban farmers offers tips for maintaining your garden throughout the fall months and preparing it for spring.