Kojo chats with two reporters who spent the past year following the launch of Ron Brown College Preparatory High School, D.C.'s new school for boys of color. Their stories are now featured in "Raising Kings," a collaboration between NPR and Education Week.
Guest Host: Corey Flintoff
Find out if Governor Ehrlich can pull the lever and get a jackpot with slots. And Iris Metts looks back at her tenure as head of Prince George’s County Schools. It’s the Maryland Politics Hour.
- Bruce DePuyt Host of "NewsTalk," News Channel 8
- Blair Lee Commentator for The Gazette newspaper; president of the Lee Development Group
- Candy Thomson Reporter, The Baltimore Sun
- Thomas V. "Mike" Miller, Jr. President, Maryland Senate (D- Dist. 27, Calvert & Prince George's Counties)
- Jon Cardin Delegate, Maryland (D-11th District)
- Iris Metts Chief Executive Officer, Prince George's County Public Schools
Most Recent Shows
For the first time since 2009, more people are leaving the Washington region than arriving ––including millennials. Kojo sits down with researchers to understand why migration to D.C. has slowed, and how millennials factor into the makeup of the city.
Many gardeners think that cooler weather means an end to gardening, but our roundtable of urban farmers offers tips for maintaining your garden throughout the fall months and preparing it for spring.
As D.C. and jurisdictions around the region put in their pitches for Amazon's second headquarters, we explore what winning that bid would mean for the region, and what it might cost taxpayers.