Montgomery County State's Attorney John McCarthy discusses his efforts to address gang violence. Plus, D.C. Councilmember Trayon White joins us to recap the "grocery march" protesting food deserts east of the Anacostia River.
Mayor Williams’ jaw hits the floor once more as DC’s Olympic flame is extinguished. Kojo talks with the always fiery Marion Barry. And as the Ward 6 council race heats up, we’ll hear from the Democratic primary candidates. It’s "The DC Politics Hour," our weekly review of District affairs.
- Adrienne Washington Columnist, The Washington Times
- Marion Barry D.C. Council Member (D-Ward 8); Chairman, Committee on Housing and Urban Affairs; former Mayor of the District of Columbia
- Clarence Bishop Senior Vice President, Washington-Baltimore 2012 Olympic Coalition.
- Sharon Ambrose D.C. Councilmember (D-Ward 6); Chair of the Committee on Economic Development
- Keith Andrew Perry Ward 6 Council candidate
Most Recent Shows
Kojo chats with two reporters who spent the past year following the launch of Ron Brown College Preparatory High School, D.C.'s new school for boys of color. Their stories are now featured in "Raising Kings," a collaboration between NPR and Education Week.
For the first time since 2009, more people are leaving the Washington region than arriving ––including millennials. Kojo sits down with researchers to understand why migration to D.C. has slowed, and how millennials factor into the makeup of the city.
Many gardeners think that cooler weather means an end to gardening, but our roundtable of urban farmers offers tips for maintaining your garden throughout the fall months and preparing it for spring.