Maryland Senator Ben Cardin joins us to talk about the youth movement against gun violence, Russian sanctions, and more. D.C. Councilmember Mary Cheh shares her thoughts on relief for high water bills and news that D.C. Public Schools is taking over an all girls charter school.
Mayor Williams’ jaw hits the floor once more as DC’s Olympic flame is extinguished. Kojo talks with the always fiery Marion Barry. And as the Ward 6 council race heats up, we’ll hear from the Democratic primary candidates. It’s "The DC Politics Hour," our weekly review of District affairs.
- Adrienne Washington Columnist, The Washington Times
- Marion Barry D.C. Council Member (D-Ward 8); Chairman, Committee on Housing and Urban Affairs; former Mayor of the District of Columbia
- Clarence Bishop Senior Vice President, Washington-Baltimore 2012 Olympic Coalition.
- Sharon Ambrose D.C. Councilmember (D-Ward 6); Chair of the Committee on Economic Development
- Keith Andrew Perry Ward 6 Council candidate
Most Recent Shows
Facing Calls For Dismissal, Prince George’s Schools CEO Kevin Maxwell Attends To Crisis Of Confidence
An investigation into Prince George's County Public Schools last fall found inflated graduation rates, too many excused absences and overly lax grading. How will the county fix its school's problems?
We check in with D.C.'s police chief to discuss his first year of policing the nation's capital.
80 degree days, windstorms, floods, droughts and bomb cyclones. We're all coping with a changing climate, but what happens when your livelihood depends on the weather?