Maryland Senator Ben Cardin joins us to talk about the youth movement against gun violence, Russian sanctions, and more. D.C. Councilmember Mary Cheh shares her thoughts on relief for high water bills and news that D.C. Public Schools is taking over an all girls charter school.
On TV commercials, Jamaica appears a relaxing vacation spot. But politics, economics, and gang violence are making life difficult for some local residents. Go beyond the resorts, and explore Jamaica’s struggle for identity, as our Hot Spots series continues.
- Richard Bennett Professor of Justice, Department of Justice, Law and Society, American University
- Ransford W. Palmer, Ph.D Professor of Economics and Chairman of Economic at Howard University; Chairman of the Board of the National Coalition on Caribbean Affairs
- Milton Walker Milton Walker, Manager of News, Sports and Current Events, CVM-TV Jamaica
- Ronald Thwaites Member of Parliament, The People's National Party
- Mr. Ed Bartlett Deputy Leader, The Jamaican Labor Party
Most Recent Shows
Facing Calls For Dismissal, Prince George’s Schools CEO Kevin Maxwell Attends To Crisis Of Confidence
An investigation into Prince George's County Public Schools last fall found inflated graduation rates, too many excused absences and overly lax grading. How will the county fix its school's problems?
We check in with D.C.'s police chief to discuss his first year of policing the nation's capital.
80 degree days, windstorms, floods, droughts and bomb cyclones. We're all coping with a changing climate, but what happens when your livelihood depends on the weather?