The timeline and cost for completing the Purple Line is up in the air after a judge ruled that contractors may quit in the middle of the project. Montgomery County Executive Marc Elrich weighs in on that, the latest coronavirus news and more.
This weekend, Carnival comes to the District, and Georgia Avenue is transformed with fun music, food, dancing, and culture that would make even Trinidad jealous. Kojo and and a panel of guests discuss the Georgia Avenue festival and the migration north of multiple ethnic groups from the Caribbean who are transforming the District.
- Keith Warner Co-editor of "Caribbean Connections: Moving North"
- E. Leopold Edwards Secretary of the National Coalition on Caribbean Affairs and local activist
- Roland Barnes President, The DC Caribbean Carnival
- Marie Racine Professor of languages and linguistics, UDC
- Collin King Executive director King's consulting
Most Recent Shows
How are diners adapting to the "new normal" and will the restaurant industry be forever changed?
Do Black Lives Matter in the office?
We discuss Jason Wright’s new role, and where the team stands in this moment of racial reckoning.