May 22, 2019
Beyond Seltzer And Lime: Four Alcohol-Free Drinks To Try For Memorial Day
Memorial Day marks the unofficial start of summer, and we’ve got you covered if you’re not a drinker, or just want alternatives to alcoholic beverages. Here are four non-alcoholic mixed drinks to keep you cool (and sober) as the weather heats up.
(Recipe provided by Laura Silverman of Sobriety Collective)
- 6 oz seltzer
- 1-2 oz Ginger Lime Element Shrub
- 6 oz ginger beer or Q Mixers ginger ale
- 2 oz seltzer
- Mix and garnish with lime and blueberries (optionally, mint)
- Serve over ice
(Recipe provided by Beth Cormack for Sip City)
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric
- 1 whole orange juice
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tbsp rosemary needles
- 2 oz District SC
- 1/2 oz maple syrup
- Shake and strain
- Top with rosemary garnish
(Recipe provided by Mocktail Club)
- 5 oz Havana Twist
- 0.5 oz seltzer
- Pour 5 oz of Mocktail Club’s Havana Twist, which is made with cucumber, mint, apple cider vinegar and a touch of cardamom and cloves
- Splash some seltzer water and garnish with cucumber and fresh mint sprigs.
(Recipe provided by Laila El-Haddad, author of The Gaza Kitchen)
- 1 cup dried hibiscus
- Sugar to taste
- Sugar cubes to taste
- Lime juice
- Ginger ale OR tsp. of rose water
- Sprig of mint
- Rinse then soak about a cup of dried hibiscus petals in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Strain, sweeten with a little cane sugar, then pour into cups over ice cubes.
- Add a squeeze of lime juice and some ginger ale or a teaspoon of rose water.
- Garnish with a sprig of muddled mint.