April 26, 2019
Get Your Tickets: Kojo 20 Celebration on June 6th
Join Kojo and his special guests for an evening of celebration featuring performances by the go-go band Trouble Funk, dance troupe Culture Shock DC, and the world famous Ballou Marching Band, along with tasty bites and libations highlighting the diverse, delicious flavors of the Washington region. Tickets available here.
Date: June 6
Location: Howard Theater
Time: 6:30 pm
VIP Cocktail Reception (see details below): $125
In addition to the local flavors and sounds, you won’t want to miss the evening’s program, featuring Kojo in conversation with Lonnie G. Bunch III, Founding Director of the National Museum of African American History and Culture and incoming Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution. The evening will be hosted by Elahe Izadi, comedian and pop-culture writer for The Washington Post. Other special guests include:
- Diane Rehm, Executive Producer and Host, On My Mind
- Ethelbert Miller, Poet and Literary Activist
- Rose Previte, Owner, Compass Rose and Maydan; Host, Check Please!
- Jen Golbeck, Professor and Director, Human-Computer Interaction Lab, University of Maryland at College Park
- Christian Dorsey, Arlington County Board Chair
- Tom Sherwood, Resident Political Analyst
WANT TO BE A VIP?
From 6 to 7 p.m., before the main event begins, we’re hosting an intimate reception where you can meet Kojo and some of his special guests. Come mingle with your favorite WAMU and NPR personalities!
Please contact email@example.com.