April 26, 2019
Get Your Tickets: Kojo 20 Celebration on June 6th
Join us on June 6th at the historic Howard Theatre to toast The Kojo Nnamdi Show and its coverage of the past, present and future of a dynamic region and the radio show that has chronicled it. Tickets are now available here.
The evening reception and program will feature performances by Culture Shock and Ballou High School Marching Band, tasty bites and a bar highlighting the diverse and delicious flavors of the Washington region, and newsmaker interviews and appearances from local luminaries, many of them former guests of The Kojo Nnamdi Show. Hosted by Elahe Izadi, comedian and pop-culture writer for The Washington Post.
Kojo Nnamdi and you, plus:
- Kojo in conversation with Lonnie G. Bunch III, Founding Director, National Museum of African American History and Culture
Other special guests for the evening:
- Ethelbert Miller, Poet and Literary Activist
- Rose Previte, Owner, Compass Rose and Maydan; Host, Check Please!
- Jen Golbeck, Professor and Director, Human-Computer Interaction Lab, University of Maryland at College Park
- Christian Dorsey, Arlington County Board Chair
- Tom Sherwood, Resident Political Analyst
- Diane Rehm, Executive Producer and Host, On My Mind
- Doors open at 6:30 pm
- Stage Program begins at 7:30 pm
- Event concludes 9:00 pm
WANT TO BE A VIP?
Are you a Kojo superfan? From 6 pm to 7 pm, before the main event begins, we’re hosting an intimate cocktail reception where you can meet Kojo and some of his special guests. Come mingle with your favorite Kojo Show and WAMU personalities.
$75 General Admission
$125 VIP Admission
For program or ticket information, please contact email@example.com.