Motorized bikes are growing in popularity. In fact, many of the bikes in the recently opened bikeshare program in Howard County, Md. are electric. But some of the region's cyclists want them off local trails.
The international community has pledged more than $5 billion to help rebuild earthquake-ravaged Haiti. But there are already major disagreements about how that reconstruction should proceed — and who should be in charge of it. We look at what’s needed to revitalize a nation with virtually no infrastructure, and consider some of the ideas for lifting Haiti out of poverty.
- Yvonne Tsikata Country Director for the Caribbean, World Bank
- Johanna Mendelson-Forman Senior Associate, Americas Program, Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Dalebrun Esther Haiti Country Director, International Action
- Deepak Kenkeremath Chief Engineer for the Haiti Project, International Action
- Bill Canny Director of Emergency Operations and former Country Director for Haiti, Catholic Relief Services
Audio Slideshow: Haiti Three Months After the Quake
Most Recent Shows
One year after an explosion and fire at the Flower Branch apartment complex claimed the lives of seven and left more than 100 homeless, community members gathered to remember the local tragedy. Meanwhile, federal investigators say the cause of the incident remains undetermined. Kojo gets an update.
What happens when an entire part of a city temporarily loses access to critical hospital services like child delivery?
D.C.'s public school teachers have reached a tentative contract with the city - but there are still a few more hurdles to clear.