Kojo reviews Maryland's primary results and what they mean for the region and November's elections. The Supreme Court hears arguments in the case of Virginia's former governor. And a major funder of youth programs in the District is bankrupt.
In their search for a flexible career, thousands of women launch their own businesses. From crafts to dog care to catering, a passion can become a living. But women running businesses face a number of hurdles, and having it all can prove elusive.
- Tiffany Hollinger CEO, Hollinger Strategies
- Sara Mosle Contributor to Slate.com and the women's blog DoubleX.
- Jennifer David Owner, Warped handwoven designs
- Amy Nichols Founder and CEO, Dogtopia, a national franchise of dog day care centers.
- Julie Taylor President, Greater DC chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners; President of Capital Strategy and Development
Most Recent Shows
In honor of National Poetry Month, Kojo explores new collections by local poets and finds out how poetry impacts our lives amid social, political and cultural upheaval.
The Black Lives Matter movement garnered international attention in the wake of stories about police brutality. We get some historic context for the movement and talk to some of the many people who are invested in effecting lasting change.
In 1933, a deadly hurricane and disease outbreak decimated the bay's scallop population. Now, a local oyster company is hoping to resurrect the Chesapeake scallop –one harvest at a time.