The suspect accused of murdering a Muslim teenager in Fairfax County, Va. was an undocumented resident. What role does his immigration status have when we discuss his crime?
In their search for a flexible career, thousands of women launch their own businesses. From crafts to dog care to catering, a passion can become a living. But women running businesses face a number of hurdles, and having it all can prove elusive.
- Julie Taylor President, Greater DC chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners; President of Capital Strategy and Development
- Jennifer David Owner, Warped handwoven designs
- Sara Mosle Contributor to Slate.com and the women's blog DoubleX.
- Tiffany Hollinger CEO, Hollinger Strategies
- Amy Nichols Founder and CEO, Dogtopia, a national franchise of dog day care centers.
Most Recent Shows
The abduction and killing of Nabra Hassanen, a 17-year old Muslim from Reston, shocked people across the country. Members of Northern Virginia’s Muslim community join Kojo to reflect on Nabra’s life, how her death has affected their community and offer their perspective on Muslim life in the region.
D.C. Police Chief Peter Newsham discusses the ACLU lawsuit against MPD officers for their actions during Inauguration Day protests. And Democratic candidate for Maryland Governor Alec Ross is in studio.
Creative industries like film and television are represent different viewpoints and upbringings. Now, children's literature is getting into the game.