D.C. Councilmember Charles Allen joins us to discuss his "sneaker subsidy" for those who dont drive to work. And At-Large Montgomery County Councilmember Marc Elrich will be in studio to talk about the fate of the Purple Line, the county budget, and his candidacy for County Executive.
In their search for a flexible career, thousands of women launch their own businesses. From crafts to dog care to catering, a passion can become a living. But women running businesses face a number of hurdles, and having it all can prove elusive.
- Julie Taylor President, Greater DC chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners; President of Capital Strategy and Development
- Jennifer David Owner, Warped handwoven designs
- Sara Mosle Contributor to Slate.com and the women's blog DoubleX.
- Tiffany Hollinger CEO, Hollinger Strategies
- Amy Nichols Founder and CEO, Dogtopia, a national franchise of dog day care centers.
Most Recent Shows
The journalist Charnice Milton was killed two years ago by crossfire from a drive-by shooting in Southeast Washington. Now community advocates in the area are opening a bookstore to honor her memory, promote literacy and address book deserts in neighborhoods East of the Anacostia River
The Civil War ended more than 150 years ago, but today's Washingtonians are still debating its causes, its heroes and what its legacy should look like in our region.
Inside an 800-square-foot shop, D.C.-based social entrepreneur Ahmad Ashkar is using his Mom's falafel recipe to raise money for refugees.