A new music director heads the National Symphony Orchestra for its 2017-2018 season. What will his leadership mean for the local institution?
In their search for a flexible career, thousands of women launch their own businesses. From crafts to dog care to catering, a passion can become a living. But women running businesses face a number of hurdles, and having it all can prove elusive.
- Julie Taylor President, Greater DC chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners; President of Capital Strategy and Development
- Jennifer David Owner, Warped handwoven designs
- Sara Mosle Contributor to Slate.com and the women's blog DoubleX.
- Tiffany Hollinger CEO, Hollinger Strategies
- Amy Nichols Founder and CEO, Dogtopia, a national franchise of dog day care centers.
Most Recent Shows
The D.C. Council Chair suggests a moratorium on legislation that could negatively affect local businesses. We explore the issues.
'East of the River' or 'East End'? We explore efforts to rebrand areas in our region, and why there are both champions and skeptics when it comes to new names.
For over a year, the Alexandria government and business leaders have discussed the feasibility of a business improvement district in Old Town. But last week, the city announced they would no longer pursue the project.