D.C. Mayor Vincent Gray (D) joins Kojo, Tom Sherwood and Mike DeBonis in the studio.
In their search for a flexible career, thousands of women launch their own businesses. From crafts to dog care to catering, a passion can become a living. But women running businesses face a number of hurdles, and having it all can prove elusive.
- Tiffany Hollinger CEO, Hollinger Strategies
- Sara Mosle Contributor to Slate.com and the women's blog DoubleX.
- Jennifer David Owner, Warped handwoven designs
- Amy Nichols Founder and CEO, Dogtopia, a national franchise of dog day care centers.
- Julie Taylor President, Greater DC chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners; President of Capital Strategy and Development
Most Recent Shows
Whether you like horror stories or cookbooks, poetry or works in translation, we consider a range of titles that will keep you turning pages. And we want to know what's on your reading list, so join the conversation on air or on our website to share the best book you've read this year.
With Burberry and Kate Spade stores now open at the new luxury-oriented CityCenterDC, we examine how mixed-use developments around our region choose and attract the retailers that are key to their success.
After five years in a Cuban jail, USAID contractor and Washington area resident Alan Gross is home. We explore the role the local Jewish community played in winning his release.