D.C. Chief Financial Officer Jeffrey DeWitt and Glenn Ivey, a Democratic candidate for the U.S. House seat in Maryland's fourth district, join the Politics Hour team in the studio.
The Computer Guys make their first appearance of the new decade. We get predictions for the big stories (and the big busts) in Tech 2010. And get your questions answered.
- John Gilroy WAMU Computer Guy; and Director of Business Development at SolutionsDevelopers
- Allison Druin WAMU Computer Gal; and Director of the Human-Computer Interaction Lab at the University of Maryland
- Bill Harlow WAMU Computer Guy; and Hardware & Software Technician for MACs & PCs at Mid-Atlantic Consulting, Inc.
Items Discussed on Today’s Show
Google Announces Android Smartphone
Women and the Tech Market
Women Responsible for 85 Percent of All Consumer Purchases
Organizing Your Email
Tablet Computers as E-Readers
Microsoft’s Bing App
- Bing App Release for iPhone
Who’s Really on Twitter?
Slow Machine? RegCleaner Could Help
- John’s RegCleaner Pro suggestion
Touch Screens with “Physical Pixels?”
- Millions of pins on new touch screens could bring <a href="http://mcworld-news.blogspot.com/2008/05/nhk-develops-haptic-display-capable-of.html">http://mcworld-news.blogspot.com/2008/05/nhk-develops-haptic-display-capable-of.html”>big advancements and apps like Braille for the blind.
Most Recent Shows
Universities across the country are struggling to figure out where Greek life fits into campus life -- especially as bad behavior by some members has come under scrutiny. But fraternity and sorority members often identify with Greek organizations long after they've graduated, and become part of networks that permeate many of the upper levels of our society. We explore culture, privilege, and Greek life beyond college.
We explore the unconventional property battle brewing between residents of Frederick County and a group backed by the church of Scientology over the future use of a presidential fishing retreat.
After covering more than 200 nuptials, wedding columnist Ellen McCarthy has collected the lessons she learned along the way in a new book. We talk with her about the realities of finding true love in our modern world and the value of a great story.