Kojo and Tom Sherwood chat with D.C. Schools Chancellor Kaya Henderson and Prince George's County Executive Rushern Baker.
The Computer Guys make their first appearance of the new decade. We get predictions for the big stories (and the big busts) in Tech 2010. And get your questions answered.
- Allison Druin WAMU Computer Gal; and Director of the Human-Computer Interaction Lab at the University of Maryland
- John Gilroy WAMU Computer Guy; and Director of Business Development at SolutionsDevelopers
- Bill Harlow WAMU Computer Guy; and Hardware & Software Technician for MACs & PCs at Mid-Atlantic Consulting, Inc.
Items Discussed on Today’s Show
Google Announces Android Smartphone
Women and the Tech Market
Women Responsible for 85 Percent of All Consumer Purchases
Organizing Your Email
Tablet Computers as E-Readers
Microsoft’s Bing App
- Bing App Release for iPhone
Who’s Really on Twitter?
Slow Machine? RegCleaner Could Help
- John’s RegCleaner Pro suggestion
Touch Screens with “Physical Pixels?”
- Millions of pins on new touch screens could bring <a href="http://mcworld-news.blogspot.com/2008/05/nhk-develops-haptic-display-capable-of.html">http://mcworld-news.blogspot.com/2008/05/nhk-develops-haptic-display-capable-of.html”>big advancements and apps like Braille for the blind.
Most Recent Shows
From a new underground project in Dupont Circle to areas in Hyattsville and Rosslyn, we explore what it takes to create space for the arts.
We learn what high-resolution satellite images of our metro region at night are telling us about energy use, behavior patterns, and our changing urban landscape.
A fatal Metro incident. Maryland's new governor. Pro football's "deflate-gate." We talk about those and other headlines on your mind.