Experts call ISIS the best-funded non-state terrorist organization the U.S. has ever confronted. We explore how ISIS fills its coffers and how the international community is trying to shut off the funding pipeline.
The Computer Guys make their first appearance of the new decade. We get predictions for the big stories (and the big busts) in Tech 2010. And get your questions answered.
- Bill Harlow WAMU Computer Guy; and Hardware & Software Technician for MACs & PCs at Mid-Atlantic Consulting, Inc.
- Allison Druin WAMU Computer Gal; and Director of the Human-Computer Interaction Lab at the University of Maryland
- John Gilroy WAMU Computer Guy; and Director of Business Development at SolutionsDevelopers
Items Discussed on Today’s Show
Google Announces Android Smartphone
Women and the Tech Market
Women Responsible for 85 Percent of All Consumer Purchases
Organizing Your Email
Tablet Computers as E-Readers
Microsoft’s Bing App
- Bing App Release for iPhone
Who’s Really on Twitter?
Slow Machine? RegCleaner Could Help
- John’s RegCleaner Pro suggestion
Touch Screens with “Physical Pixels?”
- Millions of pins on new touch screens could bring <a href="http://mcworld-news.blogspot.com/2008/05/nhk-develops-haptic-display-capable-of.html">http://mcworld-news.blogspot.com/2008/05/nhk-develops-haptic-display-capable-of.html”>big advancements and apps like Braille for the blind.
Most Recent Shows
The Red Cross' response to Hurricane Isaac and Superstorm Sandy are in the spotlight this week after an investigation by ProPublica and NPR revealed failures by the organization in multiple areas, as well as a pattern of diverting resources for public relations purposes.
It's a chapter of D.C.'s cultural history that's the subject of on onslaught of new documentary projects: the punk movement that took root in our area during the 1980s and 1990s. But this new wave of nostalgia has provoked tough questions too: is it overkill? Where did the creative and activist energy that fueled the art go? We ponder the past and the future of punk music in the Washington area.
Vegetarian dishes have long been a large part of Mediterranean diets, especially on the Greek Isles where there's little space for animals to graze. With simple, often very straightforward preparations, the region makes the most of the bounty of vegetables available. We explore some of the cuisine's most flavorful meals made with Aglaia Kremezi.