Maryland Governor Larry Hogan has introduced a plan to widen three of the state's busiest highways by four toll lanes. In D.C., the health department is cracking down on pets at outdoor bar and restaurant patios and a new "dockless" bike share arrives to the nation's capital.
Recently, a number of local musicians found themselves with a unique opportunity — they were asked to compose music for the films of silent screen star Harry Langdon. Join Kojo for a live performance of their musical scores, and hear about Langdon films, many of which haven’t been viewed by an audience in over 70 years.
- Ben Redwine Clarinetist; composer; artistic director, St. Andrews Concert Series; leader of Redwine Jazz Band; and E-flat clarinetist with US Naval Academy Band
- Maurice Saylor Woodwinds; co-founder of The Snark Ensemble; and Head Music Librarian, Catholic University
- Andrew Simpson Pianist & accordionist; co-founder of The Snark Ensemble; and Professor of Music Composition, Catholic University
- Phil Carluzzo Guitarist & percussionist; and co-founder, The Snark Ensemble
- Robert Farr Founder, SLAPSTICON Silent Comedy Film Festival
Most Recent Shows
D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser joins Kojo and Tom Sherwood in studio.
School discipline reform is underway in local classrooms. But how that reform is executed and experienced differently by students across the region.
At least 11 artificial turf fields in the District failed safety tests last spring at schools and rec centers, and were deemed too hard for contact sports. Now, parents and advocates are concerned about both the response of officials and what will replace failing turf.