Andrew Gifford, the heir-apparent to Gifford's Ice Cream and Candy, paints a complicated portrait of his parents, who not only bankrupted his family's beloved local company, but abused him throughout childhood.
Recently, a number of local musicians found themselves with a unique opportunity — they were asked to compose music for the films of silent screen star Harry Langdon. Join Kojo for a live performance of their musical scores, and hear about Langdon films, many of which haven’t been viewed by an audience in over 70 years.
- Ben Redwine Clarinetist; composer; artistic director, St. Andrews Concert Series; leader of Redwine Jazz Band; and E-flat clarinetist with US Naval Academy Band
- Maurice Saylor Woodwinds; co-founder of The Snark Ensemble; and Head Music Librarian, Catholic University
- Andrew Simpson Pianist & accordionist; co-founder of The Snark Ensemble; and Professor of Music Composition, Catholic University
- Phil Carluzzo Guitarist & percussionist; and co-founder, The Snark Ensemble
- Robert Farr Founder, SLAPSTICON Silent Comedy Film Festival
Most Recent Shows
High school graduation rates for Prince George's County Public Schools have shown a dramatic increase over the past few years. But a recent letter from four school board members allege there is a system-wide push to inflate graduation rates.
After “Infinity Mirrors,” Hirshhorn Director Melissa Chiu Reflects On Access To Exhibits And The Role Of Politics In Art
Melissa Chiu, the director of the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, talks about the Museum's role in the contemporary art world.
The Supreme Court ruled that a law prohibiting trademarks that disparage others violates the First Amendment. The decision is likely to affect Washington's football team, which lost its trademark in 2014 under the law.