Introducing Our New Commenting System
We’re moving to Disqus, a commenting system that improves the level of debate on our website and makes commenting an easier and more enjoyable experience. Here’s what you need to know about the new system.
Existing commenting accounts will no longer work on our website. All users – new and returning – will be able to register for a Disqus account to post comments on our website. You can register for an account directly on the page where you're leaving a comment. One account works across every website that uses the Disqus commenting system. So if you’ve commented before on a website that uses Disqus, you can use the same log-in you’ve already created on our website.
None of the old conversation will be lost. Comments already posted to the website will be imported into the new system and appear on the same show page as before.
Once you’re signed up and logged in, these are some of the new features you’ll notice:
- Comments update in real time, moving newer comments above older ones, so you won’t have to refresh the page.
- Threaded comments mean your reply will be nested under the original comment, helping to keep track of the discussion by specific topic and commenter.
- You can “like” a post by voting it up or down, highlighting popular comments by raising them the top of the thread.
- Comments can be shared on Facebook and Twitter.
- A community tab shows top discussions taking place on other parts of the website, so you can keep the conversation going.
Our goal is to make commenting on The Kojo Nnamdi Show website an interactive, civil and engaging process. Find out more about the new system.