D.C. Council Member Kenyan McDuffie joins us to discuss his bill to regulate home sharing services like Airbnb. And Maryland State Sen. Richard Madaleno swings by to talk about the Purple Line, Metro, and voter rolls in Montgomery County.
Over three decades, Ethiopian restaurants have become a fixture of the Washington food scene– serving up rich stews, spicy meats, and a broad range of vegetarian and vegan dishes. Our “Local Restaurant World Tour” continues as we travel from D.C.’s (unofficial) “Little Ethiopia” to the suburbs of Maryland and Virginia in search of the best doro wat and kitfo.
- Almaz Dama Owner, Dama Restaurant and Pastry (Arlington, VA)
- Getachew Metaferia Professor of Political Science, Morgan State; author "Ethiopia and the United States: History, Diplomacy, and Analysis" (Algora Publishing)
- Kelem Lemu Owner, Shagga Coffee and Restaurant (Hyattsville, MD)
- Yared Tesfaye Owner, Etete Restaurant (Washington, DC)
- Todd Kliman Food and Wine Editor and Restaurant Critic, Washingtonian Magazine
View Local Restaurant Worldtour in a larger map
1942 9th St NW Washington, DC 20001
6040 Baltimore Avenue
Hyattsville, MD 20781-1506
Madjet Ethiopian Restaurant
1102 U St NW Washington, DC 20009
Dama Pastry and Restaurant
1503 Columbia Pike
Arlington, VA 22204
Axum Ethiopian Restaurant
1934 9th St NW
Washington, DC 20001
1915 9th St NW
Washington, DC 20001
Sidamo Coffee & Tea
417 H St NE
Washington, DC 20002
1114 U Street Northwest
Washington, DC 20009-4441
Addis Ababa Restaurant
8233 Fenton Street
Silver Spring, MD 20910-4503
5700 Columbia Pike
Falls Church, VA 22041
Most Recent Shows
Educational opportunities for military children have a sizable impact on a service member's willingness to accept a duty assignment.
A recent report reveals stark disparities between parent contributions at D.C.'s public schools. Do those worsens the city's educational inequalities?
It's "your turn" to set the agenda and share your views about conversations taking place in our region, from a newly-announced plan to put Metro back on track to the state of the gubernatorial race in Virginia.