A massive casino opens in National Harbor. Fairfax creates a civilian review board of police abuse. And D.C.'s mayor meets with President-elect Trump to push the District's case for statehood.
Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley is talking-up his state’s post-fossil fuel era. He joins us to discuss why he thinks ethanol and nuclear power are part of that future. Plus we meet the candidates for D.C. Council, representing Ward 2- including the neighborhoods of Georgetown, Shaw and Downtown. Join us for our weekly review of the politics, policies, and personalities of the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
- Mark K. Spencer Inspector General, Prince George's County Police Department
- Cary Silverman Democratic Candidate for D.C. Council (Ward 2)
- Jack Evans D.C. Council member (D-Ward 2); Chairman of the Committee on Finance and Revenue
- Martin O'Malley Maryland Governor
- Bill Myers Reporter, "The Examiner" newspaper
Most Recent Shows
From paid family leave to Mayor Bowser's meeting with President-Elect Trump, it's your turn to share your opinion on-air.
On opening day of the MGM casino and resort, Kojo talks with the Prince George's County police chief about what residents and commuters can expect in and around this $1.4 billion venue.
For D.C. based author and illustrator Juana Medina, learning English in her native Columbia was a requirement she resisted as a child, yet appreciated later as an adult.