From "concierge" services to iPads connecting new parents with their babies in the nursery, Kojo explores some of the patient-centered ideas coming from health care innovation labs at local hospitals.
Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley is talking-up his state’s post-fossil fuel era. He joins us to discuss why he thinks ethanol and nuclear power are part of that future. Plus we meet the candidates for D.C. Council, representing Ward 2- including the neighborhoods of Georgetown, Shaw and Downtown. Join us for our weekly review of the politics, policies, and personalities of the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
- Mark K. Spencer Inspector General, Prince George's County Police Department
- Cary Silverman Democratic Candidate for D.C. Council (Ward 2)
- Jack Evans D.C. Council member (D-Ward 2); Chairman of the Committee on Finance and Revenue
- Martin O'Malley Maryland Governor
- Bill Myers Reporter, "The Examiner" newspaper
Most Recent Shows
This weekend, D.C. celebrated the opening of the National Museum of African American History and Culture. Kojo chats with the civil rights leader and longtime city council member who chaired the D.C. host committee.
The D.C. Council tackles a range of progressive labor bills. The fight over who can grow medical marijuana in Maryland will go to court. And Fairfax County's schools superintendent steps down.
Kojo chats with food writer Monica Bhide on her new novel and how culture connects her family's history in India with her present life in the Washington region.