Researchers are studying how the pets that share our homes develop diseases and what we can learn from their genetics and treatments to improve human health as well.
Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley is talking-up his state’s post-fossil fuel era. He joins us to discuss why he thinks ethanol and nuclear power are part of that future. Plus we meet the candidates for D.C. Council, representing Ward 2- including the neighborhoods of Georgetown, Shaw and Downtown. Join us for our weekly review of the politics, policies, and personalities of the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
- Mark K. Spencer Inspector General, Prince George's County Police Department
- Cary Silverman Democratic Candidate for D.C. Council (Ward 2)
- Jack Evans D.C. Council member (D-Ward 2); Chairman of the Committee on Finance and Revenue
- Martin O'Malley Maryland Governor
- Bill Myers Reporter, "The Examiner" newspaper
Most Recent Shows
Prince George's County Executive Rushern Baker is proposing a 15 percent increase to help fund schools. Opponents say the move uses a loophole which goes against the county's charter. We explore the issues.
We explore the wider questions about rights and responsibilities of the deaf and hearing communities following a suit by a deaf man who alleges he was held in an Arlington County jail for six weeks without an interpreter.
Kojo and Tom Sherwood chat with D.C. Council Member Elissa Silverman (I-At Large)