This special edition of the Politics Hour combined local and national politics live from Slim's Diner in Petworth, Northwest D.C.
Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley is talking-up his state’s post-fossil fuel era. He joins us to discuss why he thinks ethanol and nuclear power are part of that future. Plus we meet the candidates for D.C. Council, representing Ward 2- including the neighborhoods of Georgetown, Shaw and Downtown. Join us for our weekly review of the politics, policies, and personalities of the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
- Mark K. Spencer Inspector General, Prince George's County Police Department
- Cary Silverman Democratic Candidate for D.C. Council (Ward 2)
- Jack Evans D.C. Council member (D-Ward 2); Chairman of the Committee on Finance and Revenue
- Martin O'Malley Maryland Governor
- Bill Myers Reporter, "The Examiner" newspaper
Most Recent Shows
Have opinions about the Democratic National Convention, or the verdicts from the Freddie Gray cases? It's your turn to talk.
Maryland prosecutors on Wednesday dropped charges against the remaining police officers facing charges related to Freddie Gray's death. Kojo explores what the outcomes of the cases say about our local justice system and the national repercussions.
The next frontier in the battle against sexual harassment and sexual assault? Bars.