The Washington region's transportation planning board voted is studying the idea of building a second Potomac River bridge linking Montgomery County and Northern Virginia.
Maryland’s political attention may be focused on it’s top-of-the-ballot races, especially after a prominent Democrat endorsed a Republican for U.S. Senate. But voters will also choose their leaders in host of other offices, from Lieutenant Governor to County Executive. We explore the other races to watch on the Maryland Politics Hour.
- Bruce DePuyt Host of "NewsTalk," News Channel 8
- Wayne Curry Former Prince George's County Executive
- Anthony G. Brown Democratic Candidate for Lieutenant Governor; Member, Maryland House of Delegates (Dist. 25, Prince George's County)
- Kristen Cox Republican Candidate for Lieutenant Governor; Maryland State Disabilities Secretary
- Isiah Leggett Democratic Candidate for Montgomery County Executive; former Councilman, Montgomery County Council; former Chairman, state Democratic Party, Professor, Howard University Law School
- Chuck Floyd Republican Candidate for Montgomery County Executive
- Robin Ficker Independent Candidate for Montgomery County Executive
Most Recent Shows
Jim Vance delivered the news to local Washingtonians for 45 years. But his legacy stretches far beyond the time he spent on the air.
Virginia Republican Party Chair John Whitbeck joins us in studio, and we get an update on Congress and D.C.'s "Death with Dignity" bill from D.C. Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton.
Lifelong Washingtonian and community advocate Theresa Howe Jones passed away last week at the age of 84. She leaves a legacy of meaningful work in the Anacostia neighborhood and in D.C. as a whole.