We talk with a long-time mental health service provider who works with vulnerable citizens about the state of mental health care, progress made in recent years and the way forward.
Maryland’s political attention may be focused on it’s top-of-the-ballot races, especially after a prominent Democrat endorsed a Republican for U.S. Senate. But voters will also choose their leaders in host of other offices, from Lieutenant Governor to County Executive. We explore the other races to watch on the Maryland Politics Hour.
- Anthony G. Brown Democratic Candidate for Lieutenant Governor; Member, Maryland House of Delegates (Dist. 25, Prince George's County)
- Chuck Floyd Republican Candidate for Montgomery County Executive
- Kristen Cox Republican Candidate for Lieutenant Governor; Maryland State Disabilities Secretary
- Wayne Curry Former Prince George's County Executive
- Robin Ficker Independent Candidate for Montgomery County Executive
- Isiah Leggett Democratic Candidate for Montgomery County Executive; former Councilman, Montgomery County Council; former Chairman, state Democratic Party, Professor, Howard University Law School
- Bruce DePuyt Host of "NewsTalk," News Channel 8
Most Recent Shows
One of Washington's toughest reporters - a seasoned foreign correspondent who now gets in and out of jams while covering local D.C. - is the fictional brainchild of one of D.C.'s most versatile reporters.
Turnover at a major D.C. government department is raising questions about local businesses, political contributions and influence in city politics.
An independent investigation determined that Montgomery County Police's taser policies are a model for police department's across the nation — but some in the county question the report's thoroughness and its timing.