A U.S. Senator from Virginia lands on the shortlist for Democratic VP pick. D.C.'s statehood proposal gets a cool reception in Cleveland. And Maryland's Republican governor attends a local crab fest in lieu of his party's convention.
Maryland’s political attention may be focused on it’s top-of-the-ballot races, especially after a prominent Democrat endorsed a Republican for U.S. Senate. But voters will also choose their leaders in host of other offices, from Lieutenant Governor to County Executive. We explore the other races to watch on the Maryland Politics Hour.
- Anthony G. Brown Democratic Candidate for Lieutenant Governor; Member, Maryland House of Delegates (Dist. 25, Prince George's County)
- Chuck Floyd Republican Candidate for Montgomery County Executive
- Kristen Cox Republican Candidate for Lieutenant Governor; Maryland State Disabilities Secretary
- Wayne Curry Former Prince George's County Executive
- Robin Ficker Independent Candidate for Montgomery County Executive
- Isiah Leggett Democratic Candidate for Montgomery County Executive; former Councilman, Montgomery County Council; former Chairman, state Democratic Party, Professor, Howard University Law School
- Bruce DePuyt Host of "NewsTalk," News Channel 8
Most Recent Shows
In the play "Yellowman," a dark-skinned woman and light-skinned man fall in love in a community fraught with class and color barriers.
Some of D.C.'s free summer concerts are struggling to hold onto the audiences they built long ago. We explore the landscape for free summer music in D.C., and what the concerts at places like Fort Dupont have contributed to the fabric of the city.
Kojo explores how a recalculation of federal rent subsidies could impact neighborhoods and the upward mobility of poor families in our region.