Kojo explores the local state of diversity in STEM fields, with educators who are looking to change it and a journalist who has been tracking it.
Maryland’s political attention may be focused on it’s top-of-the-ballot races, especially after a prominent Democrat endorsed a Republican for U.S. Senate. But voters will also choose their leaders in host of other offices, from Lieutenant Governor to County Executive. We explore the other races to watch on the Maryland Politics Hour.
- Anthony G. Brown Democratic Candidate for Lieutenant Governor; Member, Maryland House of Delegates (Dist. 25, Prince George's County)
- Chuck Floyd Republican Candidate for Montgomery County Executive
- Kristen Cox Republican Candidate for Lieutenant Governor; Maryland State Disabilities Secretary
- Wayne Curry Former Prince George's County Executive
- Robin Ficker Independent Candidate for Montgomery County Executive
- Isiah Leggett Democratic Candidate for Montgomery County Executive; former Councilman, Montgomery County Council; former Chairman, state Democratic Party, Professor, Howard University Law School
- Bruce DePuyt Host of "NewsTalk," News Channel 8
Most Recent Shows
The DC Trust has declared bankruptcy, leaving more than 70 groups that relied on its funding with questions about what went wrong and what happens next.
After another smoke incident and ongoing single tracking delays for fixes, U.S. Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx replaced three Metro board members with safety experts, while a Maryland Congressman introduced legislation which would require the next three federally appointed Metro board members have relevant expertise.
Kojo talks to the lawyer representing a Virginia teen who sued his school over a rule banning him from using the boys' restrooms.