D.C. Council Member Mary Cheh (D-Ward 3) and Arlington County Board Member Walter Tejada (D) join the Politics Hour crew in the studio.
Maryland’s political attention may be focused on it’s top-of-the-ballot races, especially after a prominent Democrat endorsed a Republican for U.S. Senate. But voters will also choose their leaders in host of other offices, from Lieutenant Governor to County Executive. We explore the other races to watch on the Maryland Politics Hour.
- Chuck Floyd Republican Candidate for Montgomery County Executive
- Kristen Cox Republican Candidate for Lieutenant Governor; Maryland State Disabilities Secretary
- Anthony G. Brown Democratic Candidate for Lieutenant Governor; Member, Maryland House of Delegates (Dist. 25, Prince George's County)
- Wayne Curry Former Prince George's County Executive
- Robin Ficker Independent Candidate for Montgomery County Executive
- Isiah Leggett Democratic Candidate for Montgomery County Executive; former Councilman, Montgomery County Council; former Chairman, state Democratic Party, Professor, Howard University Law School
- Bruce DePuyt Host of "NewsTalk," News Channel 8
Most Recent Shows
Mohsin Hamid explores the personal and political in this collection of essays about a dual identity as a Pakistani who's spent his life between the West and the East.
Kojo chats with filmmaker Kirby Dick, whose latest work explores how American colleges and universities are struggling to combat sexual assaults on their campuses.
Funding authority for the Department of Homeland Security is set to run out at midnight on Friday. As the Senate moves closer to approving a "clean" funding bill and the House confronts Friday's deadline, we consider the implications of a DHS shutdown and the possible political fallout for both parties.