The United States operates hundreds of military bases in foreign countries - a network that extends American influence far outside U.S. borders. We chat with author David Vine, whose newest book explores how America's network of military bases abroad may be making the United States and other countries less safe.
Maryland’s political attention may be focused on it’s top-of-the-ballot races, especially after a prominent Democrat endorsed a Republican for U.S. Senate. But voters will also choose their leaders in host of other offices, from Lieutenant Governor to County Executive. We explore the other races to watch on the Maryland Politics Hour.
- Isiah Leggett Democratic Candidate for Montgomery County Executive; former Councilman, Montgomery County Council; former Chairman, state Democratic Party, Professor, Howard University Law School
- Chuck Floyd Republican Candidate for Montgomery County Executive
- Kristen Cox Republican Candidate for Lieutenant Governor; Maryland State Disabilities Secretary
- Anthony G. Brown Democratic Candidate for Lieutenant Governor; Member, Maryland House of Delegates (Dist. 25, Prince George's County)
- Wayne Curry Former Prince George's County Executive
- Robin Ficker Independent Candidate for Montgomery County Executive
- Bruce DePuyt Host of "NewsTalk," News Channel 8
Most Recent Shows
The push for criminal justice reform has created an unusual alliance that includes both President Obama and the billionaire Koch brothers. We explore what they'd both like to change in federal and state sentencing laws.
A new study has found that, for some kids, picky eating is about more than the food. We consider the variety of factors that influence kids' diets and explore tactics to cope with picky eaters.
A new poll says the American public supports the charter school model for public education- a system that New Orleans adopted post-Katrina. Ten years after the hurricane, we look at how the charter school experiment played out in the city.