Kojo and Tom Sherwood explore the results of D.C.'s recent special elections - and take stock of more political contests looming in Maryland and Virginia.
Maryland’s political attention may be focused on it’s top-of-the-ballot races, especially after a prominent Democrat endorsed a Republican for U.S. Senate. But voters will also choose their leaders in host of other offices, from Lieutenant Governor to County Executive. We explore the other races to watch on the Maryland Politics Hour.
- Chuck Floyd Republican Candidate for Montgomery County Executive
- Kristen Cox Republican Candidate for Lieutenant Governor; Maryland State Disabilities Secretary
- Anthony G. Brown Democratic Candidate for Lieutenant Governor; Member, Maryland House of Delegates (Dist. 25, Prince George's County)
- Wayne Curry Former Prince George's County Executive
- Robin Ficker Independent Candidate for Montgomery County Executive
- Isiah Leggett Democratic Candidate for Montgomery County Executive; former Councilman, Montgomery County Council; former Chairman, state Democratic Party, Professor, Howard University Law School
- Bruce DePuyt Host of "NewsTalk," News Channel 8
Most Recent Shows
"Days of Rage" by Bryan Burrough explores the history and legacy of radical underground groups of the 1970s that were dedicated to bringing about a new American revolution by any means necessary.
After years of rapid growth, new census numbers show the number of people moving to our region has slowed dramatically. We explore what the trend might mean for the future of the area.
A new exhibit at the National Archives explores the history of booze in America, from the Puritans who actually approved of drink to the local liquor laws that grew out of Prohibition.